Work Area: Software-Quality Assurance
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) combines all analytics capabilities – including business intelligence (BI), planning, predictive analytics, data visualization, and digital boardroom tools – in a single cloud-based solution. It gives everyone from frontline workers to execs the power to find new insights and take action, anytime, anywhere.
Do you like breaking software in a fast-paced and agile and environment? Do you like being the hero who finds nasty bugs before a customer does? Do you like working with a team of strong software engineers to help guide the test strategy, improve tools and plug holes in test automation? Do you like mentoring and teaching others on how to grow their software quality skillset? If so, this is the ideal role for you! Help us shape the future.
About the Team
The SAP Analytics Cloud development organization in the Augmented BI Cluster is responsible for the delivery of our cloud-first next-generation Analytics. You will contribute to the end to end life cycle of new features from requirements to delivery to ship the highest quality product, incorporate lessons learned and evangelize and grow other’s quality minded skillset. As a member of a development team in the Visualization & Story area, you will be expected to keep up technically and collaborate closely with your peers and with the development teams across Augmented BI to contribute raising the quality bar to the highest level.
Expectations and Tasks
Because the Visualization & Story engineering area is the face of all development teams of the Augmented BI cluster and ultimately the SAP Analytics Cloud product, we need someone who is end-user focused, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working collaboratively.
- Participate in the elaboration of new strategies and approaches to continuously enhance our quality framework
- Develop automated test scripts at any level in the test pyramid to ensure they cover specified scenarios
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a framework to minimize the cost of ownership of creating automated test cases
- Improve the efficiency, effectiveness and scalability of our test automation and practices to ensure there is a minimal manual effort for testing
- work closely and collaborate across roles, functions and teams, as well as with colleagues in other countries and customers/partners when needed
- Master and play an active role in all aspects of the test process (of both new and existing applications and functionality)
- Triage and analyze incoming customer escalations to help simplify and narrow down the root cause, and route it to the right team (if not your own) to ensure a smooth handoff to a developer to implement a fix
- Review escalation resolutions and learn from them to incorporate the lessons learned into new features and closing gaps with existing features
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
- University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
- Strong acumen for quality, high sense of service and customer
- Experience in test automation (Selenium, Jasmine, Jest, Jenkins) or performance testing (jmeter, SOAP UI, performance tuning on application servers) appreciated
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Adapts to changing priorities and requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility when reacting to new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
- Familiarity of client-side technologies and development
- Working knowledge of JIRA and confluence
- 5+ year experience as in Quality Assurance or as a Quality Specialist
- Prior experience with Business Intelligence
- Prior experience in test automation
- Position is open to candidates in Vancouver, BC
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Analytics, Developer, Cloud, Data Analyst, Management, Technology, Quality, Data