Blackbird Interactive Inc. is looking to hire a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join the Hardspace: Shipbreaker team, bringing your analytical and observational skills to the table as an advocate for quality at every stage of development. You will be creating test plans, taking ownership of major features, carrying out technically complex tests, and reporting on the results thoroughly and accurately.
- Report bugs and defects into the online database, ensuring that all necessary information and attachments are correct and complete
- Test software for functionality, reliability, and/or performance in both a pre-integration and a post-integration state
- Work closely with Developers to troubleshoot and investigate issues
- Contribute to the overall Test Plan by creating, running and scheduling test cases for your assigned game area(s)
- Effectively communicate the status of your assigned game area(s) to the Production & Development teams
- Perform risk analysis and escalate identified risks to the Production team
- Provide frequent status updates and trends to the QA Lead and Production team
- Champion BBI’s established best practices and continuously advocate for their improvement
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a Quality Assurance role with at least 1 shipped title on Console or PC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across multiple audiences.
- Experience writing and running test cases as part of a larger test suite
- A suitable space and network connection for a work-from-home PC setup
- Expertise on interpreting and running Technical Requirements Checklists for console release submissions
- Knowledgeable with QA processes, testing terminology and best practices
- Working knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- Ability to work within a highly functional cross-discipline team, as well as independently
- Comfortable interacting with the Community while professionally representing BBI and Hardspace: Shipbreaker
- A passion for independent game development
- A love for spaceships and all things Sci-Fi
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Familiarity with using JIRA for Project Management
At Blackbird, we’re all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO’s garage, and even though we’re expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it’s important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we’ve demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it’s lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don’t expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.