At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Senior Project Manager, Land Development in our London office. The environment is fast-paced and growth oriented, ideally suited for individuals who like to manage and grow business; develop client relationships; someone with a strong background in civil engineering driven to build on current successes.
• Working under the direction of our Vice President, Land Development within our Earth and Environmental Sector, manage projects across southern Ontario; with proven management of profitable projects; with strength and experience work with our strong base of existing client and forge strong alliances with new clients to build business
• Assume overall responsibility for successful delivery of medium to large-scale land and site development, through the planning, design, approvals, construction, and maintenance phases.
• Project scope, budget, and schedule control for development projects with typical – construction values of up to $10 Million.
• Recognize value of working in a strong team environment with a proven track record for quality product; and on time delivery
• Build strong working relationships with other in house EXP disciplines including environment, geotechnical, hydrogeological, transportation planning and design, landscape
• Supervise project teams, including design engineers, design/drafters, surveyors, field supervisors and inspectors, and other members of the project teams as part of EXP’s full service delivery programs
• Develop and maintain client relationships; private, architectural, planning, municipal provincial and federal agencies.
• Manage and oversee all necessary approvals and permits for projects, including those from municipalities, provincial (Ontario) and federal government agencies.
• Manager & oversee the senior design team to ensure design, tendering, contract administration, field inspections, and post-construction phases of project execution to meet project deadlines.
• Meetings and coordination with multiple stakeholders (e.g., clients, contractors, approving agencies, planners, other consultants, residents, etc.) as necessary to meet project objectives.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
• Relevant degree or diploma in engineering.
• P.Eng license in Ontario with PEO or R.E.T. or C.E.T. with relevant experience.
• More than 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated success in business development; client management and project delivery, client satisfaction, and management of project teams.
• SWM experience is an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Experience in preparing contract documents and specifications; as well as contract administration.
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com.
About the Team
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.
Should you need any special accommodations, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we will arrange for the most suitable accommodations based on your needs.
For all applicants within the United States, EXP ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.