Join our team
Are you passionate about developing solutions that will change the way in which patient care is delivered while simultaneously protecting the privacy of patient data? Would you like to work at Forbes’ top-ranked employers in Canada?
The Data & Trust Office at TELUS provides world-class, innovative privacy solutions to teams across the organization in advancing our commitment to digital health technologies, which demonstrate respect for our customers and their privacy through transparent, robust, and ethical practices.
Our team takes pride in earning a reputation for being innovative thought-leaders, strategic business partners and subject-matter experts in privacy and data governance.For this team, purpose and work converge. We’re looking for someone who radiates this passion and is eager for the opportunity to transform healthcare delivery in Canada.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Senior Privacy Manager – Digital Health supported by the Director, Privacy TELUS Health you will influence the ongoing development of TELUS’ innovation in the health sector. You will work with a cross-functional group focused on supporting the growth of the business along with the development, deployment, and use of new technologies.
At the same time, you will be an integral member of the Health Privacy team supporting TELUS Health through Privacy Impact Assessments, playbooks and tools, and guidance within a healthcare context. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to ensure that TELUS Health not only complies with the privacy laws and regulations, but implements best practices and innovatives privacy solutions to earn the trust of our customers. You will push boundaries and be a champion for privacy in the healthcare sector. You will advocate for TELUS’ Trust Model as the fundamental driver for all our decisions around data, privacy and innovation recognizing the fundamental role that trust plays in TELUS’ mission.
You will ensure that all TELUS Health initiatives meet our rigorous privacy, security and ethical standards. You will collaborate with, advise and guide the business in addressing privacy and data considerations in a manner that demonstrates TELUS commitment to putting customers and their privacy first.
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments, identify risks and provide corresponding recommendations
- Support the development of a data program that meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers while simultaneously ensuring TELUS’ ability to respectfully leverage data to deliver value to our stakeholders
- Perform due diligence on new acquisitions and support post-acquisitions initiatives, including PIAs, building privacy programs and developing policy frameworks
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure adherence to the TELUS’ Trust Model
- Demonstrate success by leading complex product strategies and decisions using data-driven techniques
- Document, prioritize, and communicate clear privacy requirements for product initiatives and releases
- Add value and support business units to deploy or leverage technology, including AI, ethically by providing expert advice and counsel to execute on TELUS’ data handling frameworks
- Educate and advise the business team on new data, privacy, and ethical uses, and provide strategies to address privacy and data governance considerations
- Assist in designing and documenting processes that standardize best practices and support an agile development methodology
- Evaluate and report on the performance of the program using established success metrics
- Monitor privacy trends in the internal and external environment and advise on impact to TELUS Health’s information and privacy practices
- Learn continuously, innovate every day and seek opportunities to develop and demonstrate thought-leadership
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 3+ years of experience in applying privacy laws, including familiarity with provincial health information legislation
- Effective in communicating data risks in written form and verbally communicating progress on initiatives in leadership forums
- Believes in the importance of proper program planning, and flawless execution and delivery
- Demonstrated track record of defining and delivering measurable outcomes for the business in a highly complex stakeholder environment
- Is a compelling communicator, persuasive storyteller and a big thinker: strategic, critical and creative
- Ability to protect the TELUS brand and act with a sense of urgency to efficiently assess material impacts and effectively mitigate risks
- Recognized for your excellent interpersonal skills to build and foster relationships across all levels of the organization
- Sought after for your ability to develop creative solutions where challenges are presented
- Highly adaptable, and comfortable working in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- With Post-secondary education
- IAPP certified (or willing to become certified within 6 months)
- French/English bilingual capabilities are a highly valued asset for this role
- Previous experience working in the healthcare sector is an asset
- Legal background/experience is an asset
- Project management experience is an asset
Who is TELUS?We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.