Syntax Systems Ltd.
Senior Principal System Analyst, Exadata
Location: Canada – Remote
Syntax is a leading Managed Cloud Provider for Mission Critical Enterprise Applications and has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1972. Syntax has undisputed strength to implement and manage ERP deployments (Oracle, SAP) in a secure, resilient, private, public or hybrid cloud. With strong technical and functional consulting services, and World Class Monitoring & Automation, they serve some of North America’s largest corporations across a diverse range of industries. Syntax has offices worldwide, and partners with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM and other global technology leaders.
Reporting to the Manager – DBA Operations,Syntaxis currently seeking Senior level Oracle Exadata DBA. This individual will be responsible for availability, stability, scalability, and performance of mission critical Production database running on Exadata machines.
- Provide senior level technical support, technical architecture, and administration for of Oracle databases running on Exadata machines.
- Design and implement an optimal database configuration to maximize system performance and availability
- Responsible for Oracle Data Guard setup and resolution, GoldenGate setup and maintenance
- Measurement of DBMS performance and tuning, diagnosis of problems. Modification of system-level configuration to optimize performance. Interface with developers and modelers for performance and data access requirements
- Introduce technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability, and performance of each oracle instance
- Carry out critical events SLA management and first response.
- Work in flexible shift as per operational demand.
- Communicate with clients via email and phone as need arises specially during P1 events.
- Minimum 10+ years of Oracle DBA experience with minimum 5 years operational experience in Exadata.
- Data migrations, database upgrades and consolidation, backup and recovery, Oracle installation, configuration, patching and database tuning
- Expert on very large databases and Enterprise Manager Grid/Cloud Control
- High availability (RAC) Real Application Clusters & Oracle Active Data Guard
- Advanced Replication: Materialized view replication, Oracle streams, Golden Gate and Oracle AQ
- Database security: Oracle Advanced encryptions, Advanced Compression, Oracle Vault, Oracle Fine Grained Auditing (FGA) and data masking
- Extensively used Real Application Testing (RAT) to ensure the performance during database migrations (SQL performance Analyzer& Database Replay)
- Extensive troubleshooting and tuning skills and analysing the diagnostic reports AWR, ADDM, ASH and STATPACK
- Oracle Exadata implementation expert configuration from X5 to X8 systems
- Tuning and implemented best practices for Exadata Flash Cache, Smart Scans and Cell offloading
- Troubleshooting and tuning Exadata Cell server performance
- Integration of Exadata with grid and cloud control for centralized monitoring
- Oracle E-Business Suite DBA knowledge is good to have
- Candidate must have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Oracle Certified Associate / Oracle Certified Professional a plus.
- Must have worked on all flavors of operating system like HP/UX, IBM, Sun Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- Able to independently work on assignments and interact with diverse teams (Unix, network, function/technical users)
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and/or in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor at this time.