Rock FOC Technologies Canada ULC
The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate, startups and more. We’re united by our culture – a drive to find a better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed. Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job – it’s about having the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.
- 5 years of experience working with datasets
- 5 years of experience performing data analysis in a business setting
- 4 years of experience using SQL or other querying languages to create datasets
- Demonstrated experience creating data visualizations preferably with Power BI
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, applied statistics or a related field
- Experience working within the business to create strategic actionable takeaways, provide solutions and expose areas of opportunity
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
The Senior Data Analyst specializes in organizing and analyzing data from various resources with the purpose of turning numbers into information and action. A Senior Data Analyst takes questions and requests beyond the surface level to provide more than just numbers, but context and recommendations. They paint a picture of how the business is operating using a variety of data analysis techniques and statistics. This team member effectively and sustainably provides data solutions and tools across the organization. They integrate, transform and improve volumes of data at the project or enterprise level for streamlined processes, greater efficiencies and smarter, more informed decision-making.
These team members are driven by curiosity and proactively dig into the data to look for better understanding and opportunities to leverage.They are highly collaborative and can effectively communicate their analysis with fellow teammates and the business partners. They have a deep business understanding and effectively utilize technical solutions to perform various analyses. The Senior Data Analyst must be able to demonstrate leadership among their peers and must be able to demonstrate extremely deep knowledge about their industry/business.
- Drive analytical decision making on a wide range of initiatives
- Analyze data with standard statistical methods, interpret results and provide written and oral summaries of data analyses
- Effectively summarize and simplify analysis results that are to be shared with teammates and business partners through a wide variety of mediums
- Work as an extension of business partners to consult with and communicate the needs back to our technology team
- Work closely with relevant business partners to ensure we’re creating a holistic solution that solves for analytics needed, technical solutions and models to satisfy a particular business initiative
- Provide relevant analysis to help senior leaders make data driven decisions
- Mentor and coach other data analysts
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
The Company has policies to support applicants with disabilities, including, but not limited to, policies regarding the provision of accommodations that take into account an applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. For more information, please call us at (800) 411-JOBS or email us [email protected]
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team, The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.