TD Bank, N.A.
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
TD Merchant Solutions (TDMS) offers payment solutions to corporate, commercial and small business clients. TDMS enables customers to process a number of payment methods including: Interac Direct Payment, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Union Pay and Discover.
The Infrastructure and Delivery group is responsible for the development, implementation and advancement of innovative payment solutions facilitating merchants and consumers to quickly and securely use electronic payments at merchant retail locations and eCommerce sites .
Reporting to the POS Certifications Manager, the Certifications Analyst will be responsible for the Certification of standalone and integrated Point of Sale projects and their successful implementations.
The applicant will be directly responsible for delivery of the activities pertaining to the project organization, software development support, end-to-end solution certification and ongoing production support.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
• Certification of the Integrated POS solutions by performing analysis of Magnetic Stripe Reader and EMV requirements and end-to-end testing using Payment Association simulators and other in-house tools.
• Review Business Requirements documents to fully understand the proposed Solution and the requisite Certification Test requirements.
• Review partner Certification Entry Criteria results to assess POS solution quality and readiness for Certification.
• Prepare Certification Test Plans.
• Conduct Certification Testing by executing Test Cases defined in the Test Plan.
• Prepare documents required for project initiation and submission of testing results to all Payment Card Networks.
• Document and categorize defects found during Testing.
• Document and communicate progress throughout the Certification process.
• Store all Certification artifacts (test results, defect logs, receipt copies) in appropriate Project shared LAN folders.
• Create Certification Letter documents and review with the Integration Manager and the Manager of POS Certifications.
• Contribute to the evolution of the certification test strategies and tools to ensure an effective certification methodology which fully supports business objectives.
• Proactive escalation to the Integration and/or People Manger of issues which might negatively impact the Certification process, or the resulting solution.
• Provision of solution certification technical leadership for front-end integrated and standalone Point of Sale and eCommerce acceptance solutions including their integration into the banking infrastructure.
• Provision of recommendations for streamlining certification processes including identification and adaptation of performance-enhancing tools.
• Liaison with the business partners and external clients to provide technical expertise.
• Participate in customer service support by providing 3rd level support as required to meet customer needs.
• Provide after-hours support of production systems when required.
The successful candidate will be an effective team member with a high degree of technical acumen in terms of analyzing and understanding technical requirements and business decisions, very strong ability to develop, execute and validate test plans and outcomes, with a high motivation to achieve results and a commitment to operational and service excellence.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Broad experience in a variety of POS environments involving payment devices, middleware solutions and general operation of supporting system platforms.
• Very good understanding of POS transaction flows, certification requirements, card compliance rules and payment best practices.
• Knowledge of settlement processes would be a definite asset.
• Experience with Host Secure Module (HSM) would also be preferred.
• Solid technology background in development and/or QA.
• Knowledge of system development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills, analytical aptitude, client focus, problem solving skills and technical initiative.
• Ability to adapt to a high-paced environment with competing priorities.
Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.