OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As a member of the Policy Team, you will provide project leadership and expertise in the planning, development and implementation of policies, programs and evaluation frameworks that meet FSRA strategic objectives.
We are currently hiring two (2) Senior Policy Analyst positions in the Market Conduct area of our Policy team.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals with a knowledge of Life & Health Insurance and/or Mortgage Brokering. Please indicate your area of knowledge/expertise in a covering letter.
The successful incumbents will work closely with the FSRA’s Market Conduct team and the Ministry of Finance in the development of draft rules, Guidance, briefing notes, and other materials relating to the Life & Health Insurance and/or Mortgage Brokering sectors.
Duties will include:
- Leading and/or coordinating projects to conceptualize, plan, develop and recommend policy, programs and evaluation standards.
- Undertaking/leading all aspects of policy and program planning and development from research and analysis of trends, issues and directions, impact analyses, to the development of options and recommendations and implementation planning.
- Developing critical stakeholder relationships with various levels of government to consult on proposed policies and gather intelligence and to represent FSRA on task forces, forums and working groups.
- Providing advice on policy issues to senior management and preparing analyses/communications to support issues management.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and program development principles and techniques to lead and/or participate in the development of strategies, policies and evaluation standards related to the regulation of financial services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program analysis and evaluation techniques to assess the effectiveness of new/changed policies and programs and to provide recommendations on policy and program change.
- Demonstrated research and project management skills to plan/conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies, trends and impact analyses and evaluation of governance, and fiscal best practices, options, costs and impacts.
- Proven oral and written communication skills to respond to issues, provide recommendations, prepare reports, option papers, socio-economic analyses and to provide policy advice and explain policy.
- Proven consultation, partnership building and relationship management skills to establish key linkages on policy development projects and to represent FSRA on working groups and committees.
Job Posting End Date:
Job postings close at 11:59pm on the date noted.
Job Code: 6A007
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
FSRA is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
NOTE: ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED