David Aplin Group
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Senior PLSQL Developer.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams across the organization.
- Communicate effectively with your team, team manager and business customers.
- Contribute and be accountable to your team’s activities and workload management.
- Maintain applications ensuring they are running properly and efficiently.
- Produce and maintain program code (mostly PL/SQL) and documentation.
- Understand, design, build and test change requests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Assess the root cause of issues and recommend changes.
- Perform systems testing with both IT and business customers.
- Prepare documentation and instructions for the execution of application programs.
- Provide time estimates for tasks.
- Work as part of a project team as required.
- Apply quality IT control standards.
- Follow Systems Development Life Cycle best practices.
- Continual learning and understanding of the application environment, interdependencies, and integrations with other systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- One or more years of progressive experience developing and designing implementations with small to large scale applications with data manipulation components preferably using PL/SQL or similar languages.
- Ability to write efficient, complex queries against very large data sets.
- Applied knowledge of Oracle development tools.
- Proven experience in Object Oriented, Relational and UML methodologies.
- Exceptional consultation skills are critical, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A mindset for contributing to a healthy culture in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills are a must.
- Demonstrated project leadership expertise would be highly beneficial.
- Completion of Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate would be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd , Partner – Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com . #LI-EDM