Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
Join our Data Platform R&D team!
Huawei Canada is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to join the Data Application Lab, based in Markham, Ontario. The Lab's mission is to leverage innovative programming technologies to build a global leading data analytics platform, tackling areas such as: data virtualization, data intelligence, cluster scheduling, and smart transportation to support the business success of the data domain.
An opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and solve deep technical problems. Join our team to build innovative data analytics platform in environment with passionate software developers. Our Data Application Lab leverage cutting edge technologies in Big Data Analytics, Data governance, Large Cluster scheduling and Machine Learning. If you are interested in exploring and building while solving complex technical problems with handling large datasets, this is the role for you.
As a Senior R&D Architect, you will develop a deep understanding of current and new technologies in the industry and across the globe, take ownership while having freedom to explore and innovate, and have a strong presence in the industry with collaborative opportunities.
- Lead a team of developers to implement and deliver new hardware optimizations that will improve the performance of the analytic engine.
- Research, develop and implement various optimization algorithms for analytic engine
- Formulate, analyze and solve real-world problems originating from industrial platforms.
- Contribute to the design of new algorithms or to the improvement of the current tools for solving hard real-world optimization problems.
- Take charge of the design and code writing for a specific cross-sub-system or codes of key algorithms.
- Participate in different open source and standard meetings to present solution
- Master/Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of work experience in related field
- Concrete programming ability in Core Java. And proficiency in languages such as Python, Perl, etc., and deep understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Industry experience with distributed system and massive parallel processing
- Industry experience with hardware optimization projects
- Strong relational algebra background, with in-depth knowledge of database engine
- Proven experience with platform/system level development with performance profiling and tuning skills. Familiarity with various design patterns, good component and modeling ability.
- Experience with open-source database applications.
- Expertise in two or more areas of database systems (database internals, performance optimization, DBMS/RDBMS, data warehousing and integration, query optimization, indexing, memory management, etc.).
- Experience developing and using Big Data & Analytics stacks/tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS, and NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience with DB Kernel engineering projects
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills to explain complex technical concepts with ease both verbally and in writing.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- Experience in developing Micro Services, Serverless architecture, Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, or Data Processing Pipeline.
- Experience implementing and using streaming platforms such as SparkSQL, Flink, Kafka, Storm, etc. Experience with handling large datasets
- Familiarity with mainstream big data related technologies and distributed frameworks is an asset.
- Experience with developing production quality code
- Full stack database knowledge from database kernel to cloud service platform, including core database kernel architecture, automation of database lifecycle management and tuning, integration with other cloud services is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with Huawei. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.