Canada – Ontario, Mississauga
AECOM is seeking a Senior Level Pavement Engineer whose primary responsibility will be to provide technical support for pavement projects in Ontario. Experience with multiple elements of pavement engineering, including but not limited to the following are required:
- Pavement Management and Pavement Design of roadways experiences with MTO and Municipalities
- Roadway design in accordance with AASHTO, MEPDG, FHWA and Department of Defense design standards
- Airfield pavement design in accordance with FAA and Department of Defense standards
- Extensive experience performing Pavement Condition Evaluations in accordance with MTO and ASTM standards for Flexible and Rigid pavements
- Experience using or managing Falling Weight Deflectometers (FWD), Ground Penetration Radar (GPR), Video Vans and High Speed Inertial Profilers for pavement data collection
- Evaluation of FWD, GPR, and smoothness data for pavement management or design
- Development of plans, specifications and cost estimates for pavement design projects
- Experience with Pavement Asset Management and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
Other responsibilities include development of project scope and fee proposals, providing mentoring and guidance to junior level engineers and technicians, performing quality control checking, managing project budgets and schedules and providing assistance in business development.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM’s global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals – to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- BA/BS in Civil Engineering + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- A Professional Engineering license is required.
- MS in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of pavement engineering experience.
- Familiar with Bentley gINT, ELMOD, AASHTOWare software.
- Experience with other facets of transportation engineering such as roadway design, geotechnical engineering and construction management are a plus.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 244919BR
Additional Locations CA – Kitchener, ON – 50 Sportsworld Crossing Rd, CA – London, ON – 250 York St, CA – Markham, ON – 105 Commerce Valley Dr W
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.