We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Senior Operations Analyst
The Investment Operations team is responsible for all accounting and valuations for the Canada Life Assurance Company segregated funds and general account assets.
The Senior Operations Analyst will play a significant role in the daily fund valuation process. This position is responsible for providing oversight in our daily procedures and activities. In addition, the Senior Operations Analyst provides guidance and training to other employees in the unit including the review of other employee’s work. This individual provides support to management and is responsible for initiating and implementing process improvements.
What you will do
- Provide oversight and review of daily, month end and quarter end reconciliations
- Responsible for oversight of manual and automated trading processes
- Support control framework and provide analysis of the daily pricing and fund valuation process
- Perform end of day benchmarking analysis and validation of net asset values
- Support continuous improvement and be involved in streamlining and documentation of processes
- Participate in development and implementation of departmental initiatives and projects
- Must interact professionally with related business partners such as Custodian banks, Investment Managers and internal departments
- Directly support junior staff in problem solving and assists management team with planning individual career development of staff, workload balancing and resource planning
- Responsible for training others in the department
- Indirect leadership of operations staff
- Other general or department wide tasks as assigned
What you will bring
- Completion of post secondary education, specializing in Accounting/Finance, such as Business Administration or B. Comm.
- Completion of/or working toward a professional accounting designation
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be considered an asset
- Experience with segregated funds, mutual funds and securities/investments would be considered an asset
- Four to seven years experience in an accounting related position
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet programs (Excel) and other applications (Word, MS Query)
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deal with fluctuating work volumes
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted