Bank of Montreal
4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
This is a permanent, full time role located at 4100 Gordon Baker Rd, Scarborough. The selected candidate will join a team of professionals who are responsible for deploying changes and project related changes submitted by the design and engineering team in BMO Group of Companies’ data and voice network infrastructure.
- Support the entire DNS infrastructure as a primary function. Following the bank standards and procedures using Network Tools, the successful candidate will ensure the successful delivery of all DNS related changes in the Network Engineering & Deployment department
- Fulfill task requests, including opening change requests, improving/updating procedural documents, and transitioning post change to support documentation involved in the role.
- Interact with the lines of business, vendors, and internal staff for all assigned projects in order to meet objectives. Projects are a small part of the role but will be required
- Roles and responsibilities to be performed in conjunction with a team, including, engineers, carriers and vendors to deliver on change requests where time is a factor
- Work hours will vary. Most changes in this environment are performed during specified change windows at night and over the weekend.
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of DNS architecture, specifically industry standard ISC BIND & Microsoft DNS
- Strong proficiency and proven ability to differentiate between DNS fundamentals like querying, forwarding, recursion, delegation, zone transfers and caching mechanisms
- Previous experience on IPAM or DDI platforms – Infoblox, BlueCat or BT IPControl
- Hands-on experience providing daily DNS/DHCP support to a large enterprise network
- Ability to conceptualize and provide DNS solutions in case of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Advanced knowledge in IP management, network design, and DNS/DHCP configuration & deployment
- Experience with provisioning DNS/DHCP servers and providing on-going engineering guidance to cross-functional departments
- Good understanding of domain ownership transfers, domain registrars, and Public IP registration (ARIN)
- Working knowledge of Unix & Windows command shell, using batch files and bash scripting
- Solid skills in troubleshooting network issues, reverse engineering, and root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge in switching & routing protocols – L2/L3 technologies, extranets, Cisco GSS/GSLB and firewalls
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and technical documentation skills
- Ability to convey complex technical requirements & solutions in an effective manner to requesting LoBs, peers and management
- Willingness to learn, adapt to new infrastructure implementations, and deliver projects within specified deadlines
- Knowledge in MySQL querying, databases, webserver redirection (HTTP/HTTPS) and file systems on various platforms
- Previous experience on BT Diamond products and appliances is a definite asset
- Familiar with CDNs and Akamai technology offerings (e.g. Fast DNS, Site Shield, etc.) is a big plus
- Adept in concepts like load balancers, VPNs, SSH, SFTP, and performing packet analysis using tools like Wireshark
- Product knowledge on Avaya & Cisco (incl. Nexus) switches
- ITIL knowledge
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.