At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR is looking for a career Software Developer with significant industry experience to join their 360 Surveillance team in Victoria, BC. This team is focused on delivering enterprise grade software solutions in the Security and Intelligent Transportation Systems markets to protect and secure large-scale infrastructure. With a 20-year history of delivering successful projects, this small Victoria company has built a diverse customer base which includes some of the biggest governmental organizations and global companies. As the security needs of large organizations continue to grow, the future is looking good and we are looking for strong software professionals to join us.
This position requires an individual who has specialized on the Microsoft platform with a focus on .NET server-side technologies with some desktop skills as well. 10+ years of experience shipping large production software in either consumer or enterprise environments is required. In addition to client-server and distributed architectures, experience with front end UI, middle layer, threading is highly desirable. This opportunity is for the seasoned professional who chooses to write code as their career path because that is what they enjoy most.
Not only will this individual be able to work through challenging technical problems, but also integrate well within a team environment. Written and spoken communication skills must be of the highest level and used frequently to proactively identify risks and communicate technical details to stake holders and team members.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver high quality software by working closely with a cross-functional team of software developers, quality assurance personnel, product managers, and project managers.
- Primary duties are focused on design, implementation, testing, and defect resolution phases of software development.
- This role also is expected to work closely with the Customer Support team to troubleshoot and resolve customer reported software defects
- 10+ years of experience delivering consumer or enterprise software on the Microsoft Windows platform.
- Minimum of a 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent Engineering degree.
- Languages – C#, C++ beneficial.
- Technologies – .NET Core, Microservice architectures, WPF, WinForms, REST, Websockets, NoSQL, LINQ, JSON, XML, Windows Services, SQLite, ASP.NET
- Experience developing highly performant application architecture and user experiences.
- Held central role of responsibility for architecture and design of large software projects.
- English – verbal and written skills must be at the highest level.
- Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Distributed architecture and design including Microservices
- Experience with diverse set of internet protocols including HTTP, UDP, FTP, SSL, RTP, raw socket / proprietary protocol implementations
- Multi-threading techniques
- Well-developed sense of personal responsibility and attention to detail
- Experience with Agile and/or Lean processes and techniques
- Experience with industry standard tools for source control and team collaboration
- Able to work in dynamic environment where context switching happens frequently to meet customer needs
- Must be eligible to be certified to examine, possess and transfer items under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and legally authorized to work in Canada. Note that CGP clearance requires Canadian Citizenship, or Canadian Permanent Residency.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.