FreshBooks has an ambitious vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We’re a high-performing team working towards a common goal: building an elite online accounting application to help small businesses better handle their finances. Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands and Croatia.
The Opportunity – Senior Marketing Operations Manager (12-14 month Contract)
FreshBooks is hiring a Senior Marketing Operations Manager within the Marketing Operations team who will lead the digital direct channels including, but not limited to, email, SMS, Push notifications, and in app messaging within our customer relationship management (CRM) framework. You will be a strategic owner of all Marketing communications tooling working closely with marketing leaders from planning to briefing stage, all the way to execution and analysis. The Senior Manager will support the Lifecycle and B2B efforts by bringing marketing campaigns to life in various parts of the marketing funnel through timely, personalized, and cross-channel execution. This will be a 12-14 month parental leave coverage contract.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Marketing Operations Managers, supporting the development of their careers and helping them drive success in their initiatives.
- Drive the strategy, roadmap, implementation and ongoing optimizations of marketing automation platforms such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in strategizing, building and optimizing complex customer journeys and experiences which align with department and company objectives.
- Act as key advocate for CRM and advanced email targeting opportunities – bringing forward new automation abilities and highlighting any required data integration.
- Decisive decision-making that turns into action and results. Thrive in ambiguity and show leadership when things are uncertain to focus on opportunities that will deliver the most impact to stakeholders and/or customers.
- Establish processes to improve workflows and ways in which the Marketing Operations team works within the organization.
- Advocate for the Marketing Operations team across the organization and effectively influences team members to produce high quality and results driven work.
- Deep understanding of key business metrics and KPIs and able to provide recommendations on how to better achieve these results through CRM strategies.
- Assist in the ongoing implementation and integration of a Customer Data Platform into the marketing tech stack.
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have:
- 7+ years of experience within Marketing Operations, specifically in email/CRM, data management/governance and personalization.
- Experience in email marketing and marketing automation technology, specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pardot.
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the “big picture” and use creative problem solving to drive impact & results.
- Previous people management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and cross functionally.
- An excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate across all company levels and departments.
Why Join Us
We’re a motivated bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to businesses. You will be surrounded by hardworking team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help build an elite one, right here in Toronto, Canada.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.