EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We currently have career opportunities for Senior Manager in our IT Advisory Services team, Calgary. The individuals will work directly with clients to transform their business challenges into technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients’ efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the development and implementation of technology solutions. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, and vendor selection decisions that support the line of business IT organizations of our clients.
This position falls within our IT Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of Operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities:
Participate in project teams through all phases of the technology enablement life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements.
Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization’s capabilities. Team with client technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions. Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management. This will include the generation of new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions to present to internal and external clients. The position will be responsible for delivering against business development targets and managing a portfolio of potential and existing client engagements. Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20-30%
We are looking to expand our Practice area to include a team of people with experience in RPA (Robotic Process Automation). This team will work with our clients to help implement such RPA tools as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and Workfusion. You must be able to develop and document RPA configuration best practices, configure new RPA processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand. Have an understanding to support existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process as well as problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of RPA processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Experience within business development and delivering against financial targets in a Professional Services environment.
• Demonstrated experience through all phases of the technology life cycle, including project planning, requirements definition, architecture design, build/configuration, testing and operational transition.
• Involved in IT strategy and transformation engagements (IT long range plan, roadmap, operating model, governance, enterprise architecture, etc.)
• Strong track record implementing RPA Tools (e.g. Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and Workfusion.)
• C# and/or Java, html, css
• Microsoft Technology (VB .NET, Windows, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Web Services)
• Scripting languages (e.g., python, perl, powershell, bash, vbs, etc.)
• Approximately 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree
• A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills.
• Comfortable researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers, have a very strong attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.