Requisition ID: 94381
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager, Strategic Insights is responsible to provide financial analysis, monitor portfolio performance and make portfolio credit recommendations, improve profitability and ensure adherence to the Bank’s Retail Credit Risk Appetite. The role leverages the use of statistical analytic tools and methodologies to perform analytics and forecasting to generate ideas and identify opportunities to support, clarify and formalize project objectives to the Global Retail Risk Management team. Close interaction with other Global Risk Management units is required to collaboratively develop and recommend comprehensive perspectives on current and forward looking state of the retail portfolios, while leveraging partnerships across other areas of the organization
– Measure and monitor risk composition through analytics to ensure compliance with risk limits and risk-appetite constraints, while assessing market opportunities and capital requirements
– Support Retail Credit Risk reporting deliverables to ensure that all reporting is delivered on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy; propose enhancements for ‘best in class’ monitoring dashboards
– Develop forecasting models to further enhance portfolio oversight, stress testing scenarios aimed at improving the forward looking assessment of risk appetite.
– Provide forward looking challenges and its strategic implications for the credit portfolio, and recommend actions to business leaders
– Provide input, support and communication for the development of ad-hoc portfolio analyses, risk appetite measures, acquisition due diligences, audit and regulatory compliance reviews
– Minimum 5 years of proven experience in financial services role, with analytics experience role for retail portfolios
– Proficient with statistical analysis and data mining tools/languages such as SAS, R or Python
– Ability to access complex data sources, manipulate data and execute code/queries to provide high quality analysis (SQL and basic ETL concepts a bonus)
– Familiarity with BI tools and data visualization tools such as Tableau
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– Proactive, self-directed, and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team
– Solid interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to convey complex technical issue
• Relevant undergraduate or advanced degree – Bachelors, MBA or equivalent
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.