You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Operations Advisory, Government Practice helps government (e.g., federal, provincial and municipal) and broader public sector clients (e.g., higher education institutions) develop efficient and effective operations to support strategic business objectives. We help government anticipate disruption and reimagine the possible. Our shared purpose and passion help make an impact and improve the lives of citizens.
We support our clients in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and delivering the changes required to align their operating models to their financial targets and strategic objectives. This approach helps deliver timely improvements in performance and visibility, and control for long-term operating impact.
We start with the big picture, before narrowing it to reflect our clients’ most pressing concerns, focusing on continuously streamlining operations to unlock value, delivering bottom-line improvements and enhancing quality and service levels.
We are seeking a Toronto-based Senior Manager to strengthen our Operations Advisory, Government practice. We are looking for talented professionals like you, with a proven record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional, meaningful client service.
What you will do
As a Senior Manager in our Operations Advisory practice, you will have overall responsibility to plan and manage client engagements, lead the day-to-day operation and execution of services and contribute to business development activities by:
- Being known as a trusted advisor and as a champion within the government / public sector
- Providing day-to-day guidance and actionable coaching to your team. You will manage, mentor and train junior team members, as well as provide support to other service lines within Management Consulting.
- Being responsible for overall engagement planning and delivery as well as managing engagement economics and risk processes.
- Managing the delivery of multiple and/or large scale client projects ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery of quality work which meets the client requirements and expectations.
- Identifying business development opportunities and contributing to the development and submission of proposals and bid documents . Leading pursuits aligned to client issues.
- Leveraging your understanding of operations, finance and government to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and make informed recommendations.
- Working across various stakeholder groups up to senior and executive leadership to facilitate all phases of projects from inception to close.
- Motivating your team and creating a culture of inclusion.
What you bring to the role
- 10+ years of work experience in a comparable capacity within government, with government, management consulting or some combination of these three areas.
- 3+ years working in a leadership capacity within a professional services or consulting firm. Proven project management success with a strong track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects.
- A university degree in business, management, operations or MBA or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Comfortable working at both the conceptual and the hands-on level with big picture thinking and growth-oriented leadership skills.
- A highly strategic individual with an advanced analytical skillset. In particular, demonstrated experience working with data, inferring insights from data and briefing senior leaders on insights and recommendations.
- The ability to think creatively, holistically and to problem-solve.
- The drive to work closely within a collaborative environment to lead your team to success and manage project deliverables.
- Strong at cultivating relationships at mid-levels – Managers, Senior Managers and Directors.
- You understand that at times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Keys to your success:
- Passionate about solving creative problems, building solutions and making an impact across the public sector
- Desire to grow, build and nurture a team of professionals as they navigate their career journeys and aspirations
- Strong analytical skills to assimilate complex information with a proven ability to translate vision and strategic priorities into operational and financial realities
- Strong communication skills – in both oral and written forms – particularly with senior management
- Initative, persistence and resilience during challenging situations
- Strategic and effective influencing, networking and relationship management skills internal and external to KPMG
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .