Goodfood (TSX:FOOD) is a leading online grocery service in Canada, delivering fresh meal solutions that make it easy for members from coast to coast to enjoy delicious meals at home every week. Goodfood’s mission is to make the impossible come true, from farm to kitchen, by enabling members to do their weekly meal planning and grocery shopping in minutes. Goodfood members get access to a unique selection of products online as well as exclusive pricing made possible by its world-class direct-to-consumer fulfillment eco-system. Goodfood currently has more than 280,000 active subscribers and over 3,000 dedicated and passionate employees across Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Director National Supply Chain Planning, the Senior Manager Material Planning leads the team of Material Planning Managers Nationally at multiple sites to ensure the execution of short term materials distribution, production and materials plans.
This position can be base in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver or Calgary.
- Lead the Material Planning Managers, providing day to day direction on business strategy.
- Working with BU (Business Units) and key stakeholders to ensure KPI (Key Performance Indicator) targets are met,
- Creating materials distributions plans based on materials requirements and critical source available in collaboration with operations and production teams.
- Managing Reorder Buying team to ensure viability of capacity plan according to supply chain key indicators such as but not limited to FICO, FIFO and line capacity utilization.
- Ensuring material availability requirements at multiple sites according to operations schedules.
- Supporting Schedulers with ad-hoc emergency requirements pertaining to materials supply and planning.
- Providing tactical and strategic inventory expertise to business activities such as but not limited to: product launches, promotional offers as customer service fills rates.
- Recommending solutions to identified capacity constraints or conflicting supply priorities to ensure customer demand is met with a 100% fill rate.
- Creating and maintaining capacity requirements at aggregate level and communicating relevant risks and opportunities to senior leadership.
- Ensuring budgeted targets for PVV (Purchase Volume Variance) are met.
- Improving inventory accuracy rate by developing tools to identify losses and increase turns.
- Setting up, verifying and maintaining master planning data in our ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system to ensure optimal inventory levels.
- Other duties as assigned, within supply chain function and cross functional teams at Goodfood.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or any relevant field
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience leading, coaching, and mentoring high performing teams
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in supply chain planning, preferably within a grocery, food, consumer package good (CPG) or manufacturing sector
- Experience in Master Production Scheduling (MPS) and in Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Experience with inventory optimization, budgets, strategy planning in a highly agile or JIT (just-in-time) work environment
- Experience in demand planning using Quick Response with the Rapid Response platform or other advanced planning system
- Strong Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system user, preferably MS Dynamics, SAP, JDA or equivalent
- Advanced Excel with large data sets (Big data), SQL and knowledge of database structures
- Advanced analytical ability to process ambiguous data and develop applicable solutions within tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage and plan priorities within limited time frames
- Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics or related major (an asset)
- APICS Certifications: CPIM & CSCP (an asset)
- SCMP or other Supply chain management certifications (an asset)
Our team strives to give our members a world class customer experience. We believe in being ambassadors of the brand to make the impossible come true from the farm to table!
What we have to offer our employees:
- Group Insurance
- Personal No Questions asked days
- Annual bonus program
- Annual fitness credit
- Employee stock option program