Loblaw Companies Limited
1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
The Vendor Account team lead is responsible for managing the day to day relationships with a set of assigned CPG vendors. The ideal candidate will have experience with CPG client management and experience working with marketing intelligence and consumer insights data, with a deep understanding of Loyalty. The candidate will be responsible for growing strategic client engagements with a focus on helping clients delivering strong ROI. The individual will be providing recommendations on ways to improve vendor performance results. The individual will be providing visibility to points burn rate, coordinating plans with all 3 divisional merchandising/category teams, and streamlining reporting processes and procedures. You will also lead the business development efforts for data monetization for Produce and Prestige vendors .
What You’ll Do:
- Grow strategic client engagements with a focus on helping clients deliver ROI
- Data monetization and growing revenue for existing vendors and new business
- Understand client’s strategic initiatives so that we can proactively partner with them and assist with consumer insights/behavior strategy development
- Lead client users on a propriety data portal to navigate the system, interpret results, and design reports to answer their key business questions
- Proactively recommending ways to improve return on loyalty investment and providing visibility to budget and performance metrics
- Managing the contractual cycles of these vendors with internal category teams, working with vendors on special targeted offers & offer refreshes.
- As part of the joint business planning process, providing data inputs into Joint Business Planning (JBP) reporting process, making recommendations to improve overall success of joint business planning and representing loyalty at the top to top meetings.
- Monitoring overall trends in issuance and redemption rate
- Representing loyalty for vendor planning with all three divisional contacts and ensuring every division is not overspending (or underspending) their funding allocation.
- Working with Decision Support to identify automation opportunities in the reporting workflow and providing requirements and quality assurance checks on automated reports.
- Working with Finance on vendor revenue targets on a period basis and outlining any over/under forecasts.
- Work with Category teams to build out an ad hoc Produce and Beauty program for vendors along side the client consulting team
What You’ll Need:
- Skilled at developing relationships with clients to become a trusted and value-added business partner
- 7- 10 years of experience in a similar type role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management, and/or Shopper & Consumer Insights roles or experience as a service provider to these functions
- Proven analytic skills: conceptualizing, analyzing, deriving insights from data, and designing an execution plan to derive results from insights
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results in a timely manner
- In addition, relevant software industry, Nielsen (consulting, product, sales support and/or service delivery function), is ideal
- Working knowledge of enterprise software applications and services designed for the retail and consumer goods industries is highly valued
- Experience as a power user of Microsoft Excel and Business Intelligence software such as Microstrategy, Tableau, and QlikView
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Type of Contract:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.