Requisition ID: 91185
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Scotiabank’s Global Technology Solutions (GTS), Solutions Integration & Delivery (SI&D) organization is rooted in understanding our Scotiabank business lines & technologies and collaborating with our global CIO’s and business lines to deliver high quality, reliable enterprise solutions in an agile and cost-effective manner, while complying to the bank’s security standards and policies.
You will help lead a high-performance IT team by providing management supervision, as well as subject matter expertise for all activities related to Data and Voice technologies. You will have a global accountability of voice recording technology within GTS for all business partners working in collaboration with HR, Compliance, Legal and other IT Groups.
When required, there might be travel outside of the Greater Toronto Area. There is an on-call component to support your staff after hours to assist with problem resolution and to ensure that systems are operational.
Is this role right for you?
- You will play a key role in developing and implement a new operating model to address voice preservation within Global operating centers; and in particular Capital Markets, Sales and Trading environments.
- You’re a big picture thinker who has the ability to see how all the pieces fit together in building global solutions.
- You will work with the Director to define and drive the direction of the team and meet achievable Data and Voice technologies objectives.
- You will learn & apply how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You enjoy the aspects of collaborating with the business, along with the technical and operational groups across the Bank to ensure alignment of technical solutions to the business strategy, use and deployment of best practices in business support solutions, and the alignment and application of Bank operational and security standards.
- You will manage the crucial workflow associated with producing voice recordings and evidence for standard & complex global requests.
- You have the opportunities to work with global teams to standardize and consolidate voice recording technology, preservation and extraction processes.
- You’ll get to maintain a repository on global health checks and daily compliance checks to ensure integrity of data.
- You will participate in establishing strategic IT solutions required to maintain and enhance our voice preservation ecosystems.
- You will also participate & engage Bank executives on voice related agendas. This includes developing presentations and assisting with communications to Bank regulators and compliance groups.
- Your primary focus is establishing a global operating model, ensuring integrity of data and responding effectively while engaging with HR, eDiscovery, Legal on managing discovery requests for IT. As part of the directive is to ensure system availability and integrity of data.
- You’ll be responsible for delivering and supporting reliable technologies in support of the Banks legal hold and preservation processes and partners.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on working experience with technical people management responsibilities.
- You possess strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 5+ years of progressive hands-on technical working experience in Data and Voice technologies at an enterprise scale with industry recognized tools (Turrets like BT, IPC, Cloud9, etc…); Voice Recording software (e.g., NICE, Redbox, etc); Cisco IP Communicator; Arkadin.
- You can demonstrate superior problem solving & decision-making skills to resolve complex work issues.
- You are adept with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- You can demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build relationships with both internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You have a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Data/Voice technologies or in a related field.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification(s) and/or other similar industry best practices (COBIT/LEAN, etc. is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when it is deemed safe to work back to the office, our primary location is:
- Located steps from TTC’s King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you from TTC’s Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- Also located steps from TTC’s 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC’s Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it’s minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It’s also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.