You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories and in FY20 had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world with FY20 revenue at more than US$29.22B.
The Global Reporting and Analysis function is accountable for collecting and analyzing KPMG’s key data and metrics across the network of member firms. The team is fully dedicated to providing value added management information and insight to help global leadership progress KPMG’s strategic plans and priorities. Revenue reporting (by function, region, sector and client) is a particular focus, but the data collected and analyzed covers a wider range of profitability, people and ESG metrics. The function also coordinates KPMG’s external metric reporting, including press statements, ESG reporting, Inclusion and Diversity reporting and client proposal support.
Within Reporting and Analysis, a team has recently emerged to develop a suite of online reports and dashboards, using Microsoft Power BI and SQL technologies, providing our senior stakeholders with unprecedented access to the core global metrics. We are now looking to expand our capabilities, to build upon our successes to date and to launch our next phase of development.
The role-holder will be the Reporting and Analysis team’s overall lead on developing and deploying business intelligence tools, to transform data into on-line visualised information. Rollout will be led through an ongoing dialogue with stakeholders on their requirements, always within a constantly evolving business environment. A structured approach to development is especially required, ensuring that the detailed system and data specifications combine into an integrated suite of reports, all based on common system, data and user protocols.
The role-holder will coordinate the offshore PBI development team, but will need to be “hands on” in developing all outputs (with a need to immerse fully into a highly complex data suite). Throughout they will also coordinate with the individuals managing the underlying SQL databases, to ensure that the PBI requirements are fully supported by the data layer. The role-holder will also lead on coordinating end-user adoption, to ensure all reports are deployed to full effect and supported by the necessary communications and training.
In time the expectation is that the team’s brief will expand beyond Reporting and Analysis to build similar reports across the wider CAO (Chief Administration Officer) group, including Planning & Budgeting, Financial Accounting, Tax, Procurement, HR.
In parallel to the development and maintenance of the reporting tools, the role-holder will also be on point for the regular and ad-hoc analysis of data and the reporting of conclusions to stakeholders across KPMG’s functions, regions, sectors and strategic investments.
What you will do
Build and test of new reporting deliverables
- Programme change agenda and plan
- Documented business, technical and data requirements
- Testing plans and scripts
- PBI reporting outputs, visualizing financial and non-financial metrics and KPIs
- Project plans and progress reporting
Rollout & user adoption of online reports
- End user communications
- Training materials and user guides
Data and financial analysis
- Modelling and analysis for KPMG Functions, Sector, Clients, Regions and Strategic Investments, including analysis around revenue, profitability and people data.
Maintaining and improving the operations and process that support all reporting outputs
- Documented procedures for all operational and development processes
- Controls framework across development and maintenance activities
- User security protocols and processes
- Version control, upgrade planning and testing
Supporting the wider CAO community on their BI needs
- In time, expanding the BI capabilities and outputs across the wider CAO (Chief Administration Officer) functions, including Planning & Budgeting, Financial Accounting, Tax, Procurement, HR and Business Enablement Services.
What you bring to the role
- Deep experience of BI tools, especially MS Power BI. Experience of other tools such as Tableau also helpful
- Database skills – preferably SQL data extraction and manipulation of data
- Business analysis & consulting ability. Experience at writing business & user requirements
- Data analysis skills – financial and non-financial
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Description of level of Qualifications
- Accounting qualification preferred, but flexibility if the candidate has the required experience of managing accounting data sets
- Additional certifications helpful, such as Microsoft designations
- Minimum +7 years of relevant experience in business intelligence, reporting, and/or data/financial analysis.
- Financial analysis and the ability to present conclusions to senior stakeholders
- Proven experience at developing BI tools in in a complex international or diverse multi-functional environment
- Adept at managing KPIs and other metrics, with strong business acumen and the data needs to support them.
- Comfortable with data and process complexity and finding a new path or solution coupled
- Experience of transformational change within organizations or teams arising from the introduction of new technologies or processes.
- A track record of development of and implementing forward-thinking approaches and initiatives with strong influencing skills, an ability to articulate clear, compelling ideas and to persuade others to take action
- Proven experience as a “self-starter ” – ability to work independently on a daily basis with minimum supervision with an ability to use own initiative to identify practical solutions to resolve issues that arise
- Ability to direct offshore resource to complete underlying data collection and modelling. This will require coordination and scheduling, so strong organizational skills are important.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .