55 Bloor Street West
Job Family Group:
The Advanced Analytics & Data Science team supports Marketing across BMO FG with proactive, actionable insights in support of marketing and business strategy and initiatives.We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the position of Senior Manager.
The Senior Manager will oversee the execution of all projects covering customer insights generation, marketing opportunity sizing, marketing effectiveness tracking, marketing spend optimization.
The Senior Manager will be responsible to lead analytical projects from the intake session, problem definition, prioritization, resource allocation and tracking, delivering status updates and presentations to stakeholders and senior executives.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the analytical governance, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of analyses, leveraging the appropriate data science tools and methodologies in each analysis, optimizing the analytics process and promoting best analytical practices within the team, showcasing the achievements of the team and demonstrating the impact on marketing performance.
The Senior Manager will work closely with the other teams within Marketing Analytics on projects related to data enablement, data governance, reporting and process automation
The Senior Manager will work with other analytics group within BMO to develop the analytics community, provide thought leadership and set best practices in analytics across BMO.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of the validity, appropriateness, and application of key core metrics. Monitors industry trends relevant to key metrics.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Plans and controls unit operating expenses in accordance with forecasts.
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of tools and training required to deliver business results.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- Provides advice/counsel to internal clients on matters relating to subject matter expertise.
- Gathers and analyzes data about a market for a particular product or service to include product research, consumer research, modes of distribution, promotion research, pricing, surveys, advertising and public relations.
- Conducts analytical, quantitative, reporting and investigative functions to interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations.
- Leverages existing and new research findings to develop new strategic initiatives as they relate to the customer.
- Ensures research is conducted according to industry best practices and confirms to BMO policies.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Post-Secondary education in Math, Computer Science, Business, Marketing, or related field
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge in the areas of Customer Information for marketing analytics (customer attrition, cross sell and upsell tactics, regression analysis, predictive modelling, customer value)
- 10+ years of experience with SAS and customer databases, Python an asset
- Experience with Google Analytics an asset
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce.com
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Looker
- Influential skills sufficient to resolve situations where others need to be convinced of the value of preferred options or alternatives
- Well-developed presentation / analytical skills sufficient to:
- Provide detailed explanation and interpretation of factual and conceptual information and ideas
- Creatively and precisely articulate ideas that involve interpretation, analysis and assessment
- Developed management skills sufficient to lead / motivate and be able to function within a matrix management environment involving specialists with skills, knowledge and orientation different from their own
- Project planning and management skills sufficient to establish, prioritize and coordinate objectives for a variety of non-routine assignments or projects
- Experience with project tracking system such as Workfront
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.