The Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud AI group applies machine learning to problems in advanced teleconferencing scenarios that are used by hundreds of millions of customers worldwide (via Skype, Skype for Business, and Teams). We develop fundamental technologies and do applied research and development to enable better customer experiences for real-time collaboration. We are seeking a highly capable Senior Machine Learning Scientist who is passionate about machine learning and driven to make an impact.
• Apply machine learning to improve existing and develop new algorithms to improve Skype/Teams real-time collaboration quality and reliability
• Understand and be able to leverage core concepts of audio/video/speech
• Design, develop, and own components, tools, platforms, and systems for real-time media communication and collaboration.
• Drive independent investigations resulting in shipping product code, patents, and publications
• Masters. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in machine learning using tools like TensorFlow/Pytorch/Scikit-learn, etc.
• Prior deep learning experience in Audio/Video/Speech processing is a strong plus.
• Proven track record of publishing in top tier ML conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, etc.
• Experience in deploying, testing and shipping ML models in a production environment used by millions of users.
• Strong system development skills, with a long-range system view that leverages development ranging from rapid research prototypes to carefully architected complex systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.