David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to assist with a complex technology project in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will design, develop, and implement special projects within the software development division. The successful candidate will be experienced in developing and optimizing machine learning-based projects for deployment at scale.
- Work with a team of Engineers and Data Scientists to build tools and pipelines to improve our machine learning deployments and systems
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to optimize research outcomes and models for production
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of scalable production machine learning pipelines that includes data ingestion, data transformation, data validation, automatic model training, automatic model tuning, model evaluation, orchestration, model management, and other components
- Work closely alongside a team of Data Scientists and Engineers to achieve business outcomes as they relate to our projects (such as Email prediction, Chat prediction, and Voice)
- Use Kubernetes and AWS-based cloud technologies to consume and scale machine learning models
- Assist in hyperparameter tuning of models for optimal performance
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, process improvements, and strategies
- Support a platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large datasets, models, and predictions
- Develop applications that interface with CRM Systems, Chat Systems, and Telephony Systems
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5 years of recent software development experience
- Programming skills in a language such as Python and C# (or similar)
- Proven ability to architect scalable, maintainable software
- High-level understanding of data science concepts
- Proficiency with SQL databases and data access
- Experience configuring and using AWS or equivalent cloud environment
- Comfortability working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams
- Experience building and consuming web services
- Strong documentation and communication skills with the ability to explain software engineering and machine learning concepts to stakeholders
- Experience with Kubeflow (preferred)
- Experience in AI / ML and data pipeline building (preferred)
- Experience with Object Relationship Mapping like Entity framework (asset)
- Experience with automated testing (unit/integration testing, etc) (asset)
- Experience in an agile development environment (asset)
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button or send your resume in confidence directly to Jim Juacalla ([email protected]) or Ron Cantiveros ([email protected]), at Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com