Job Requisition ID #
Are you passionate about the potential of machine learning andcomputer vision?Are you interested in how this technology can change andtransform the future of design?
OurAI Acceleratorteam workingin the areas of Generativeand Computational Design islooking for a driven and naturally curious machine learning engineer. With your in depth understanding of machine learning fundamentals, you’ll help us push the boundary of possibilities in the way the built environment is designed and managed.
In this role, you will pioneer the technology that will set the foundation of the next generation of AEC(Architecture, Engineering, Construction)software and tools.You will be applying machine learning to datasets that include 2D CAD and 3D geometry models and discovering new ways to build synthetic ones.You will work closely with product engineers and Autodesk Research to develop and test machine learning modelsthat willsolve realcustomer problems.
- Desktop web apps (Electron, TypeScript, React, Webpack, HTML, CSS)
- Machine Learning (TensorFlow, Python,Keras,PyTorch)
- Web Services (AWSLambda,SageMaker, API Gateway, EC2)
- Git code collaboration
- Datasets (CAD drawings, AutoCAD, Revit, Raster images)
- Provide technical direction toa cross-disciplinary teamthat willdefine, validate, and refine prototypes that can scale to high performance production-quality software
- Collaborate with product and research engineers to develop and test machine learning models
- Research and implementstate-of-the-artComputer Vision and Machine Learning techniquesto enhance AECworkflows
- Plan and implement effective strategies to gather and process large batches of geometry and raster data
- Champion, present, andevangelize our work and AI/ML best practices across the larger Autodesk community, internally and externally
- Keep up with the latest in computer vision and machine learning research
- 3 + years of relevant experience or extensive experience working in these fields as part of a graduate or doctorate program
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals: how it works, what it is good for, what kind of data is needed
- Hands-on experience in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Machine Learning projects
- Hands-on experience building production models with TensorFlow,PyTorch, or equivalent deep learningframeworks
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and augment large datasets for ML training
- Excellent communicationskills, presentations skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas to non-technical people
- Ability to break down a large problem into smaller, actionable parts to deliver MVPs (Minimal Viable Product)
- Prior success with building production-quality software that scales and is secure
- MS (or higher) in the field of Math, Statistics, or Computer Science with afocus on Machine Learningand/or Computer Vision
- Familiar with using Autodesk hero products like Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with Git
- Exposure to cloud computing in AWS (SageMaker, Lambda, EC2)
- Good understanding of the AEC problem-space (what customers are doing today, existing customer pain points,etc.)
- Experience developing for real-time 2D and 3D gaming environments
The Ideal Candidate
- You are comfortable working in newly forming ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
- You are great at communicating your findings both verbally and visually
- You have strong interpersonal skills, are self-motivated, and can work autonomously
- You area courageous contributor, able to push your ideas out there, adopting a “fail forward” mindset
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .