We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be joining CIBC’s Digital and Contact Center Technology group. This group provides strategic partnership, production support and project execution to retail branches across Canada, three primary internet sites (CIBC Online Banking, cibc.com and Simplii Financial), telephone banking call centers across Canada, and mobile banking. Key applications include CBFE (CIBC Banking Front-End) Mobile Banking, Online Banking, [email protected]
You will be a key member of the technology team supporting CIBC’s Digital Transformation, successfully implementing complex, enterprise-scale solutions on modern platforms with a variety of system integration and patterns. As a Sr. Java/J2EE Developer, you first need to be an expert programmer. You will lead development and implementation of solutions to main Digital channels in a hands-on way. You will also be part of the exciting journey to take our systems into Cloud.
How You’ll Succeed
- Design and Development: Lead API design by analyzing business requirements and following system architecture and high level design. Lead API development following the right design patterns and best practices. Be good at coding complex system and business logic in an effective way. Be good at modern development concepts and processes, both understanding and practice.
- Continuous Improvement:Be the advocate for continuous improvement in both process efficiency and effectiveness, as well as development best practices that ensure quality of work. Be able to bring a positive influence to the team you work with. Having the right understanding of modern technology and modern development culture is an asset.
- Operational Efficiency:Lead next level support for operational activities. Be good at problem solving, troubleshooting and have sound understanding of performance tuning
- Mentorship skills: Be able to coach junior developers in the team and provide technical guidance
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in:Java/J2EE, Spring/Springboot, Web Services (SOAP, JSON and RESTFul). Proven and solid hands-on 6+ years of experiences in Microservices and API development in an enterprise environment. It is an asset if you are familiar with Agile methodologies and Cloud environments (Kubernetes, Azure/OCP or equivalent)
- You embrace change.You are passionate about being up to speed with technology trends. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- Your influence makes an impact.You are able to coach and provide technical guidance to junior developers in the team to help them to grow.
- You’re digitally savvy.You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You are always ready to learn new tools and trends.
- You’re driven by collective success.You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand that the real success is success of the team not that of any individuals.
- Values matter to you.You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive:Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop:Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper:Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto 20 Dundas St W., 12th