- Position: Java Developer
- Term: open to contracting or fulltime
- Location: Woodbridge, ON
- Industry: Software Development
Our client’s Information Technology division is responsible for the infrastructure and software to enable the efficient operation including fee capture, account management, financials, and data storage/analyticsas well as customer services including call centre, web, IVR and supporting workflows.
Delivery is accomplished using an Agile-Scrum approach, including self-organization, short iterations, strong collaboration, and dedicated teams in scrum rooms. We are looking for an energetic professional with a positive outlook to augment our growing team.
We are hiring an Agile Software Developer to join the Enterprise team which consists Web team and CRM.
- Demonstrate the attributes of a good Scrum team member:
- Team Collaboration
- Learn, follow and adapt Agile software development processes
- Actively participate in Scrum Planning, decomposing Product Backlog Items into tasks and associated estimating of effort
- Select and complete appropriate tasks from the Scrum Wall, balancing existing skills with a willingness to learn
- Share and gain knowledge through collaboration, pairing, or other related methods
- Continuously learn new skills to strengthen the team and to be able to operate as a Feature Team
- Build Quality In through techniques such as Test-Driven Development, constant feedback, Test Automation, and Continuous Integration
- Communicate often and effectively with other Team Members, the Scrum Master, and the Product Owner
- Demonstrate completed work to team and to stakeholders at Sprint Review
- Participate in regular team reviews, assessing each other’s performance and fostering continuous improvement
- 5 years of Java development experience
- Experience with development in a multi-platform system
- Must have: Java Enterprise developer, Java 8, SQL, broad understanding of App servers, message brokers and ESBS, API development, RESTful webservices
- Nice to have: database design (understanding of system design concepts); Microservices; message-based architecture; RESTful webservices, integration