- Working closely with a global team building large distributed data-centric applications in the trade surveillance and compliance space.
- Designing and building message and data processing/streaming services to enable seamless integration with multiple business systems.
- On-boarding of new data streams from external systems.
- Working closely with data scientists to ensure data is of the highest quality and is available when needed.
- Act as data pipeline subject matter expert to the global application team as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Building close relationships with clients and stakeholders to understand the use cases for the platform and prioritising work accordingly.
- Working well in a multidisciplinary DevOps-focused team and building close relationships with engineers, data scientists, business analysts, and production support teams.
- Holds themselves accountable for ensuring high quality results and acts as a mentor and coach to other team members.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You have experience driving the technical direction on data-intensive projects.
- You will have specific examples of times that you have:
- Delivered value to business by getting applications into production.
- Designed systems from scratch that can scale with large volumes of data.
- You have expertise in multiple programming languages and building data pipelines, ideally using Spark and Java .
- You have expertise working with message/event streaming services, ideally using Kafka or Solace.
- You have experience working with both relational and non-relational databases, ideally Oracle , Mongo and Elastic Search
- You understand the full spectrum of the data processing and integration ecosystem, including testing strategies.
- You have experience working in a DevOps culture and are comfortable working with CI/CD tools (ideally IBM UrbanCode Deploy, TeamCity, and/or Jenkins.)
- Ideally, you have experience working in virtualized environment, as well as container orchestration services such as Kubernetes/OpenShift.
- You have experience in systems observability including monitoring and health patterns and the tools to ensure the highest production stability.
- You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- You have proven capability to interact with clients and deliver results – from ideation to production.
- You have experience working in fast paced development environments.
- You agree that verbal and written communication skills are vital.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting