You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
We are continuing to evolve how we attract and engage our clients. As the demand for immediate and convenient information increases, our systems, data, and digital properties are that much more important in creating meaningful experiences that inspire and energize our clients and sales professionals to believe that “Life’s brighter under the Sun”.
For this exciting journey, a personable Digital IT Project Manager is sought. Someone who can combine expert project management skills, a strategic mindset, diplomatic facilitation, and leadership skills to plan, manage, and implement projects, that enable exceptional solutions for our business partners.
This position can be located at the Sun Life office in Atria (Victoria Park and Sheppard), or Waterloo depending on where a suitable candidate is found.
We operate in a world where time-to-market and evolving business priorities drive our plans. The awesome person who fills this role will need to be resilient, versatile and equally effective in adapting to change as they are following a process.
What will you do?
- Manage all phases of multiple Digital IT projects from initiation to closure while leveraging best PM practice standards and processes
- Partner with business partners, vendors, leaders, business system analysts, application development and testing teams to ensure quality solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our business partners and clients
- Work with multi-site project teams across time zones in a virtual capacity
- Engage project stakeholders and communicate project updates to ensure buy in and project success (examples: meetings, status updates)
- Lead, motivate, support, and coach project team members and peers by providing guidance that is appropriate for their knowledge and skill level.
- Champion the PM role by actively promoting learning across the team and contribute to the continuous improvement of the practice by leading initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Business
- PMP Certification
- Previous experience managing digital projects in a large financial institution is preferred
- Experience in DevOps and Agile Toolset (JIRA, Confluence) would be an asset
- 5 – 8 years of experience in running digital projects.
- An expert in the application of project management competencies with at
- Program Management experience (e.g., $1-3M budget initiative)
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies;
- A strong communicator and facilitator who listens and picks up on the spoken and unspoken words to excel at delivering, understanding, and interpreting messages through verbal discussions and in writing.
- A strategic thinker who appropriately applies a variety of planning, analysis, elicitation, motivation, and documentation techniques accurately to lead the project through its lifecycle (from business case to implementation), while expertly managing project changes, risks, issues, actions, and updates.
- A mentor and coach for both peers and junior colleagues.
- A collaborative team member who continuously strives to improve the client experience, our team, and our processes.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to help evolve our brand through digital projects and initiatives that contribute to helping us become one of the best asset management and insurance companies in the world.
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Recognition; everyone is a contributor.
- Opportunities to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training.
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued, rewarded and embedded in what we do.
- Opportunities to socialize and team build through fun activities with coworkers.
LI – SJ
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
73,800/73 800 – 124,100/124 100
Project Management – Systems
Posting End Date: