What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will manage the data migration project on a very large transformational Wealth Program at RBC. This is considered the most complex and risky work-stream and will require you to provide program management leadership to your team and stakeholders along with data migration project expertise.
You will be responsible for building relationships between IT, Vendor, & Business stakeholders at all levels of the organization, engender a positive environment and ensure the Wealth program is successfully executed.
What will you do?
- Effectively manage the overall project deliverables for Data Migration work-stream on a large Wealth Program
- Develop and manage the detailed schedule, identify early warning indicators, provide direction for early resolution of risks, issues and clear escalation path for program committees.
- Oversee financials and staffing levels to efficiently meet project delivery requirements and tracks value for effective decision-making
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (e.g. Vendors, RBC IT teams, Product)
- Build / present for Senior Director & VP level presentations
- Oversees the development of program/project plans, KPIs and metrics (including status reporting), prioritization calls & project communications.
- Ensure the completion of risk assessments and the identification & execution of contingency plans
- Oversees the completion of post-project reviews and closure
What do you need to succeed?
- 10+ years Project Management experience; spanning small projects and large programs ($20MM+) with high level of value (benefit/cost), and very high level of complexity and uncertainty
- 5+ years of managing large Data Migration Projects, with some of those years within a financial institution
- Previous experience working in Wealth either in a technology or business role
- Proven ability to manage high visible programs/projects with third party vendors and significant technology components along with having a strong executive presence and advanced communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge of change, issue, and risk management and working knowledge of Software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile delivery methodologies
- Undergraduate degree (preferred) – Preferably in Business, Technology or Financial Services
- Project/Program Management certifications (e.g. PMP and/or PgMP)
- Wealth Management business experience
- Data Migration design, development or Architecture experience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Address: 155 Wellington St W-7th Flr
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
Req ID: 307917