You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Sun Life’s Mobile Centre of Excellence (MCoE) is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join our dynamic and diverse team. MCoE’s mission is to create, develop and maintain first-class native mobile apps on iOS and Android for our clients, helping them achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives.
What you will do:
- Develop new features and improvements on iOS & be responsible for quality throughout the development process.
- Collaborate and act as technical reference within the mobile team, and coach junior developers to use best practices to develop and test iOS apps.
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters, Mobile Developers, Business System Analysts, User Experience architects and Testing Specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Be involved in scrum ceremonies to plan, estimate, design, develop and test features for deployment into production
- Participate in the discovery and evaluation of new technologies.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience with native mobile development on iOS, including continuous integration and automation
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Ability to write clean and scalable code in Swift and Objective-C, with a strong understanding of multi-threading
- Experience in creating and releasing complex iOS Applications to the App Store
- Capability of building, debugging, profiling and optimizing iOS Apps
- Good understanding of memory management, Protocol Oriented Programming (POP), UX and Human Interface guidelines
- REST / SOAP or any other Web API standards, knowledge of JSON / XML formats
- Familiar with Test Driven Development (TDD) and ability to write Unit, Integration and UI tests.
- 1+ year experience in Agile/Scrum framework
- Knowledge of common iOS design patterns (VIPER, MVVM)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Flexible hours and periodic work from home options
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to theb[email protected]
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
73,800/73 800 – 124,100/124 100
IT – Application Development
Posting End Date: