Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
Stantec is currently seeking an experienced Senior Internal Controls Analyst to analyze and support the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX) compliance efforts. While not a prerequisite, the ideal candidate would have a background and/or desire to focus on IT-related SOX matters. The preferred position location is Broomfield, CO and will require travel approximately 20% of the time, both domestic and international.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform the risk assessment rationalization and scoping process.
- Assess the control environment and determine whether existing controls are sufficient and appropriate or if additional controls are needed.
- Collaborate proactively with management in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with IT-related controls, including but not limited to application controls and IPE requirements.
- Independently work with business process owners to standardize the global internal controls framework and update key controls, process narratives and risk control matrices.
- Liaise with external auditors during their SOX procedures.
- Update and maintain controls database and assessment workflow.
- Manage the quarterly and annual assessment processes and reporting.
- Lead the remediation effort for control failures.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as they arise.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS or US GAAP
- Knowledge and understanding of audit standards and practices
- Knowledge of information system audit practices and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work well both as a team member and independently
- Ability to work remotely and maintain engagement
- Confidence and the ability to work with all levels of staff and management within a large international company; and
- Ability to tie details to the “big picture.”
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of relevant post-designation experience within a large, complex environment in some or all the following areas: public accounting, internal auditing and/or SOX compliance;
- IT background is strongly desired; and
- CPA, CISA or other related designation.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 210000GF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans