Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Enlighted is a trailblazing Silicon Valley company in Smart Buildings and IoT and we’re looking for the brightest minds out there to join our Canadian team. We build an end-to-end IoT solution from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. And, once installed, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications in commercial buildings such as space utilization, traffic flow and asset tracking allowing customers to see for the first time how their buildings and assets are being used.
Enlighted is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a startup with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. As part of Enlighted Waterloo, you will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approx. 2500 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing and operating automated infrastructure and processes that meet or exceed the service level and CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery, and deployment) and objectives. Key deliverables include: IaaS environments that meet service level agreement; support the resource requirements of the development, QA, and customer value realization teams; enable CI/CD; meet compliance and best practice standards; and are well documented.
What will you do?
- Using Infrastructure As Code (IAC) best practices, create automated infrastructure within Amazon Web Services (AWS), including package management, application load and configuration, and systems monitoring and administration.
- Deliver improvements to source code management, deployment, operations, maintenance, cost control, security, monitoring, and audit tools and processes.
- Maintain a 24×7, global, highly available SaaS environment according to internal and external service levels agreements.
- Ensure the production environment is operating in accordance with established procedures and best practices.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD tools and processes to support development, QA, and customer value realization teams.
- Manage a service critical codebase with version control using Git.
- Provide escalated support for high severity and critical network events.
- Contribute to Operations strategy planning, design, implementation, and maintenance activities.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5+ years of IT experience (3+ years with Master’s Degree).
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically Networking, EC2, ECS, Beanstalk, Lambda and Route53 technologies.
- Experience with container and orchestrations tools, Kubernetes & docker preferred.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins is essential.
- Senior level system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight.
- 5+ years’ experience with open source tools (Linux, Python, Git, Ansible).
- 3+ years’ experience system automation with enterprise level requirements, distributed environments.
- 2+ years’ experience with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching and extend continuous integration and testing processes is good.
- Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status.
- Strong base for software architecture and design including inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services, message queueing, interfaces, and API development.
- Act as a technical resource for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments.
Preferred Skills & Experience | Qualifications:
- Matlab install & pipeline automation.
- Strong understanding of Internet security considerations in web and application development.
- 2+ years’ experience with full-stack development of web interface applications.
- 5+ years of Linux administration & troubleshooting.
- 5+ years shell scripting – sh/bash/ksh.
- 5+ years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Extensive experience managing network monitoring systems (Datadog preferred), backup systems (Netbackup Enterprise preferred), and configuration management systems (Ansible preferred).
- Experience with design, develop, and configuration of information security tools.
- Experience with SOC, ISO27001, FedRAMP compliance.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.