Req Id: 278035
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Bell TV is your TV Service Provider of choice – delivering the Best Experience over the Best Network. At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multi-platform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
The Tools & Automation team, within the Service Reliability Engineering department, supports the development, operation, and maintenance of the infrastructure and applications that power Bell’s TV services. Our mandate is to develop, integrate, deploy, and manage multiple technology solutions that provide Tools-&-Automation-as-a-Service to the rest of SRE. Our North Star is delivering value for BCE – our Business, our Customers, and our Employees.
Come and be part of defining how we achieve our goals, how we work to achieve those goals, how we celebrate our successes, and how we fail-fast and learn. Come drive the evolution of our culture – learning, teaching, supporting each other, delivering as a team while taking your career to the next level.
At Bell, your career growth is unlimited – both vertically and horizontally.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Architect, evolve, and maintain the infrastructure to enable the full DevOps cycle.
- Design solutions to provide high-availability.
- Implement and evolve Secure SDLC in all solutions within your portfolio.
- Maintain a Roadmap to continually evolve solutions to meet changing requirements.
- Train and coach junior staff.
- Collaborate with peers throughout the organization to establish, promote, and implement best practices.
- Work with internal partners to develop and integrate solutions to real problems that require thorough understanding of the problem space.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or equivalent education or work experience.
- 5 years IT Infrastructure, System Administration, Networking, or Software Development experience.
- Real production experience with OpenStack.
- Experience with POSIX/Bash shell scripting.
- Experience with Secure SDLC.
- At home in an Agile/Lean/DevOps environment.
- Experienced with leading, training, and mentoring junior developers.
- Seasoned at distilling requirements from customer feature requests.
- Master’s in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Real production experience with Kubernetes.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD with Kubernetes.
- Experience with the Elastic Stack, Ansible, Kafka, Slackbots, StackStorm.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 03/26/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.