Founded in 2014, Bridgit is a software company focused on helping the construction industry leverage their workforce productively. Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada by The Globe & Mail for the 2nd year in a row with 2.5x growth over the past year.
In 2020 alone we raised $7 million USD from investors such as Autodesk and Salesforce Ventures to help accelerate our growth in 2021 and beyond.
Our flagship solution, Bridgit Bench, is recognized as the #1 construction resource management solution. Developed in collaboration with our clients, it drives operational efficiency, mitigates risk, and increases profitability for contractors.
Can you help us make construction less complicated? We’d love to hear from you.
What you will do
You are an experienced developer who loves learning and can plan and execute at all levels of a modern application. At Bridgit, you’ll be designing, experimenting, testing, and building new solutions and extending existing ones. We’ve got a lot of big plans and you’ll be participating in their execution from day one! Successful candidates will have solid skills with React/Redux in the frontend and Node.js or Go in the backend.
Your focus will be on the React/Redux-based web client and GraphQL services for Bridgit Bench which:
- Runs on AWS
- Hosts a private GraphQL API and public REST API
- Presents as a modern React/Redux SPA web client
- Is made up of services made with C# (.NET Core), Go, and Node.js
- Runs in Kubernetes on infrastructure managed as code with Terraform
- Is continually deployed to production via automated CI/CD pipelines and trunk-based branching
We work as an integrated product development team – designers, developers, and testers work together with no silos or artificial barriers. We are agile and work in a continuous flow with smaller teams assembling to take ownership of larger product-focused tasks. We aim to ensure that the team understands the why of any work in addition to the what.
- Experience building quality software with a solid understanding of JS
- Know-how in building and shipping software with React, Node.js, and microservices
- An eagerness to teach and learn from your peers
- A desire to be part of a strong, high-performing team
- Ability to develop & debug single page web applications (SPAs) and the services they depend on
- You know how to make the CSS and HTML behave and maybe even bend to your will
- Exposure to or interest in building and maintaining distributed systems
- An enthusiastic interest to stay up to date on current technologies and development methods
- A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or ample practical experience
- Flexibility in how you work as well as options for working locations in Kitchener or Toronto
- Competitive salary, options, and benefits including unlimited vacation and 4-hour Fridays
- A fast-paced, autonomous environment with the opportunity to make an impact quickly
- A culture that encourages innovation and professional growth, among other things
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. We believe that creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success. If you’re not sure you meet every qualification but feel you have other experience relevant to the role, we encourage you to apply.
At Bridgit, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process, please advise us of any needs as required.