Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We are striving to create leading web and mobile experiences that enables our customers to choose how, when and where they want to engage with their financial services. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help us re-imagine and reinvent what it means to deliver great software. In support of this vision, we are growing our teams and looking for enthusiastic and inspired people who want to be a part of our future.
As the Senior Full Stack Developer, you will:
- Develop scalable and maintainable web applications. Products may include user interfaces, a variety of micro-services and integration between systems/services using a variety of technical environments
- Work closely with variety of technical and engineering team members to drive innovative solutions that meet business needs
- Participate in an agile delivery model in partnership with various product enablement teams
- Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new business value through platforms and software and solve complex technical problems
- Provide technical leadership through training and/or mentoring development team members on projects
- Document technical solution proposals, development estimates, implementation plans, technical processes and procedures
- Work effectively in dynamic, complex situations within a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
You bring and will continuously build upon the following skills
- Strong experience navigating the complexities of systems integration across a variety of system platforms and vendors
- Experience with at least a few of the following technical environments: Java/Spring, JUNIT, C#/.Net, , XML, JSON, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure, Websphere, Concourse/Fly, Jenkins, SonarQube, Gitlab, TFS, Visual Studio, Eclipse
- Experience building user-interfaces with React/node JS
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other Software Engineering best practices to accelerate the delivery and quality of new features
- Eagerness to learn emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- Excellent problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through the creative process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a strong ability to recognize critical path deliverables in order to deliver within project timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities and outcomes
- Experience developing systems for external users or with financial and insurance systems and/or familiarity with business functionality (e.g., insurance products, banking products, mortgage creditor, distribution model)
- 5+ years’ experience working in or leading complex enterprise implementations
Last year Manulife / John Hancock spent $1.4 billion on technology. You will be working with:
- A variety of Java/Spring, JUNIT, C#/.Net, nodeJS, React, XML, JSON, Biztalk, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure, Websphere, Concourse/Fly, Jenkins, SonarQube, Gitlab, TFS, Visual Studio, Eclipse
- pen source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.