Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Technology and Development Operations – Practice Support practice, within the PwC Products team, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. PwC Products identifies, develops, and commercialises technology-enabled solutions that deliver PwC value, knowledge, and experience to our clients. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue.
Our team focuses on new builds and capabilities by leveraging industry standard and innovative technologies. Most of these products will be cloud native and are targeted at generating licence revenue over services and engagements.
What you’ll create and do
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, PwC Products, this role will work on various exciting projects within the Products team. We are looking for a full stack developer (co-op) to work with other developers, designers, architects and product managers to create high quality, scalable products.As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage scalable, secure and well-functioning databases and applications
- Design and implement effective APIs
- Ensure the quality of the implementation and test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and maintain software implementation
- Create and maintain security and data protection
- Build features and applications with a responsive design
- Write technical documentation
What you’ll bring to this role
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
- Degree in Computer Science considered an asset
- Full proficiency with server side languages such as C# and Python
- Familiarity with node.js, Azure Functions, HTTP protocol, Rest, JSON and XML
- Experienced in developing MVC, ASP.Net based web based applications
- Experienced in designing and developing APIs
- Hands-on experience with application security: OAuth2/OpenID/Federation
- Experienced in database technologiesand solid experience using Cloud technologies (Azure or GCP preferred)
- Experience working in a test-driven development (NUnit, xUnit), agile team
- Experience with code analysis tools like Veracode and NDependand knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge or experience in statistics and data science is very nice to have.
- Excellent verbal communication and problem solving skills
- Have interest in improving system performance and scalability
- Leads discussions with customers at all levels of an organization (up to C Suite) to understand and solve complex problems, by presenting various solution options and technical concepts in a comprehensible manner.
- Solutioning expertise to determine technical paths in launching of a product to market, considering all areas like scalability, performance, security
Why you’ll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc
See how you can create your future at PwC
Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it’s not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s’engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu’il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d’autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d’adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu’il nous fera plaisir d’examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l’essor des entreprises. Ce n’est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n’hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l’expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.