Do you want to be a part of a team building the systems and software that powers the leading SaaS based Project Management product for creative agencies, using cutting edge technologies like AWS, node.js, Angular, and Docker?
We offer a fantastic culture and work/life balance, with an amazing team and plenty of opportunity to grow in your professional career.
Function Point is a business unit of the Volaris Group, a key operating group under Constellation Software Inc. (TSX: CSU), one of the world’s largest B2B conglomerate that acquires, strengthens, and grows vertical market software companies globally. Since 1996, Volaris Group has acquired and now owns 120+ software businesses in 35+ countries across 25+ verticals and is still growing rapidly.
Come join us and help drive Function Point and your career to the next level!
We atFunction Pointare looking fora Full Stack Software Development Engineerwith a focus on frontend implementation. This role requires technical leadership skills and will focused on designing and developing new product features and third party integrations.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps skills
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and Product team to design, develop & launch new features.
- Troubleshoot and fix software defects
- Create and maintain unit tests
- Participate in daily standups, demos, and retrospective meetings
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Software Engineering or Software Development, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures, algorithms
- 5+ years of total hands-on experience in software application development
- 4+ years of strong front-end development experience using Node.js & Angular or similar frontend JS frameworks
- 3+ years of experience building or working with REST APIs
- 3+ years of PHP Development experience (version 5 and above)
- Experience using Git and automation build tools
- 2+ years of experience in Linux
NICE TO HAVE :
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CICD) technologies and best practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB) & cloud platform technologies
- Experience in communicating with other teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience using Docker and containers
- AWS Certifications
- Familiarity with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products
- Familiarity with Project Management and CRM software
Number of Openings Available: