About the Role
Uber is changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago, we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of cities everywhere. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend/Full-stack engineer to join our team in Toronto to help grow the UberEats ads business which enables eaters to discover new foods, and restaurants to grow their customer base. You’ll work with teams behind apps used by millions globally every day and be a part of the technical foundations of a new product, built at Uber Canada’s new development center.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
• Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements.
• Ability to learn quickly on the go. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
• You are comfortable working in a backend stack (eg. Golang, Java, Node.js, Python, etc)
• Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way-and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
• Passion and energy. You bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your best and drive those around you to do the same. You see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.