Are you a Senior Front End Developer with a passion for developing cutting edge mobile and web applications that customers value? Are you a self-starter who knows how to be successful in a small, agile team environment? Do you care deeply about product quality, end-user experience and all of the details that make it possible?
UKG is expanding their innovative team that makes up the Toronto product development office. Enjoy a fast growing startup type of environment with the stability and award winning culture that exemplifies Ultimate Software. An open-minded approach to working with cutting edge Lean and Agile Software Development techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, and XP is a must.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more atwww.ukg.com/careers
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with architects and tech leads to spec, write and deploy code.
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase.
- Collaborate with performance engineers to write PSR test script to identify breaking points and scalability issues of the application
- Collaborate with DevOps engineer to create and enhance our pipeline.
- Assist our support team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production in your primary area.
- Mentor junior engineers to hone their skillset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of full stack web development and REST APIs.
- Good understanding of software Security practices.
- Prior knowledge of software Accessibility.
- Prior understanding of Antifragility pattern design and CQRS design pattern.
- Good understanding of Microservice patterns/deployment and Cloud deployments.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills and passion for cutting edge mobile technologies.
- Clear communicator who works well in a team setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on mobile applications with iOS or Android.
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, and Spring Boot.
- Experience using Message Brokers like RabbitMQ
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and public cloud deployment platforms
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (Concourse, TeamCity).
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]
It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent “recruiters” have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click “Apply” and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email address.
If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to email [email protected]