The Senior Forecast Analyst has responsibility for the analysis and maintenance of the system sales forecast, which is a key input into organizational planning processes, in addition to coordinating and aligning the forecasting and replenishment business unit to hit key performance indicators including in-stock, service level, inventory turns. The analyst should have advanced knowledge of retail forecasting and experience with SAP forecasting systems or other “best in class” platforms. The analysts will be responsible for achieving forecast completeness and data integrity targets and alignment of the corporate S&OP process. The analyst will liaise with cross functional partners to determine sales forecasts for new articles and events. The analyst will also maintain F&R system parameters that drive the automated forecasting and replenishment system.
- Maintain the Forecasting & Replenishment system for all products within assigned departments.
- Provide key reporting to Inventory Management, Merchandising, Logistics and Senior Management.
- Maintain overall inventory health of the replenishment and forecasting business unit including in-stock, service level, and inventory turns
- Provide coaching, guidance, training, and oversight of the replenishment and forecasting business unit
- Review & analyze historical data and trends to forecast the demand of import and domestic goods held at the Store/Distribution Centres.
- Monitor recent sales performance and adjust forward forecasts at appropriate time horizons
- Track Key Performance Indicators on a weekly, monthly quarterly and annual basis, including store/DC.
- Manage the Store and DC forecast parameters, replenishment parameters, and forecast exceptions.
- Communicate product status and updates to stores and DC in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Merchants to ensure execution of category S&OP processes (forecast validation).
- Work closely with Merchants and Senior Management to achieve company objectives.
- Represent the forecasting and replenishment business unit when reporting out to leaders in the organization (including merchants, senior managers, district managers)
- Coordinate and align the forecasting and replenishment business unit on hitting company objectives
- Identify high, medium and low sellers and update forecasting & replenishment parameters accordingly.
- Maintain SAP forecasting and replenishment parameters
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Provide SAP Super user expertise.
- Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and preferred performance management code M+
- 3-5 years of analytical experience (ideally in a retail environment) with emphasis on forecasting and inventory management
- University or College Degree in business or science/engineering or background in supply chain management will be considered as a preferred qualification
- Experience with SAP or other best in class forecasting systems (Retail or Manufacturing) is required.
- Experience with maintaining retail forecasting models and achieving forecast completeness metrics
- Replenishment experience is considered an asset
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and MS Access
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extrapolate pertinent information from various sources (reports and spreadsheets) and analyze data for recommendations.
- Experience with financial analysis and quantitative skills, including ability to produce and review sales analysis (turns, sales, gross margin, etc.) and other analytical techniques to assist in making key forecast and replenishment decisions.
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative with effective interpersonal skills; able to work across departments
- Strong customer focus with business acumen, problem solving skills and results orientated
- Self -directed, ability to work with limited supervision.
- Flexible in attitude and approach to business solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in business analysis
Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves. Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer? Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.