Join our team
What are TELUS Health Care Centres (formerly Medisys Health Group)?
Ours is a national network of healthcare professionals dedicated to the idea of controlling health risks, promoting healthier lifestyles and improving the well-being of patients. Our network of clinics is among the largest in the country.We are committed to providing better healthcare resources for everyone. We rely on the power of technology to provide Canadians with the best health outcomes. Our digital solutions foster collaboration and effectiveness in so many ways, notably by putting entire teams of professionals in touch, by streamlining the processes involved and by giving patients a chance to take their well-being in hand.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic people who care about customer service and are looking to work in a friendly environment based on cooperation and mutual support. Join our team and help shape the future of Canada’s healthcare ecosystem.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for conducting analyses on and interpreting financial results, thus paving the way for effective business decisions. The Analyst will be responsible for activities such as producing management reports, analyzing the results, finding explanations for any variances and conducting profitability reports, all in a bid to provide the business unit with apt recommendations. He or she will develop reports and indicators enabling TELUS Health to strategically track its progress against growth objectives.
- Prepare and report profitability analyses to the Controller and to members of management by developing effective, audience-driven communications regarding financial concepts
- Develop reports on key performance indicators (KPI) in support of both strategic analysis and opportunity assessment
- Take part in the production of financial forecasts and planning, including the presentations entailed
- Recognize opportunities and come up with recommendations for improvement, then acting as a key advocate for their implementation
- Identify the risks and opportunities emerging from the planning exercise
- Prepare annual budgets and financial forecasts for our various divisions
- Analyze the application and the accounting treatment of IFRS standards by having the insight required to identify potential problems and propose fitting solutions
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a similar position
- CPA certification
- Expert knowledge of the entire accounting cycle and IFRS standards
- Experience preparing financial statements and financial reports
- French/English bilingualism (essential)
- Experience with an integrated management software application and familiarity with Excel
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity for teamwork
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.