Senior Analyst, Portfolio Management
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group (BIG) is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $94 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows. Our portfolio of infrastructure assets are primarily in the utilities, transport, midstream and data infrastructure sectors, located in North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The Senior Analyst will join the North American Portfolio Management team within Brookfield’s Infrastructure business group, reporting directly to the Director, Portfolio Management. The objective of the team is to partner effectively with our North American operating businesses and internal stakeholders to drive performance, generate value, and act as a trusted resource on financial matters.
The Senior Analyst will be involved in overseeing quarterly and annual financial reporting submissions from operating assets, financial analysis (FP&A), evaluating performance against plans and the annual business planning process. The Senior Analyst will also be involved in onboarding new assets into Brookfield finance and accounting processes.
The SFA role is a highly visible position that provides the foundation, guidance and exposure towards a successful and challenging career in finance. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, has excellent interpersonal skills, is detail oriented, possesses a high degree of intellectual curiosity and has a strong foundation in finance and accounting.
- Compile, analyze and evaluate financial and liquidity forecasts, in order to track results of operating assets spanning multiple segments and articulate findings to key stakeholders;
- Provide oversight of quarterly and annual financial reporting submissions from operating assets including compliance with group reporting policies, preforming variance analysis and reviewing capital expenditure forecasts;
- Prepare quarterly results presentation for Brookfield senior management, supporting key decision making activity;
- Develop a thorough understanding of operating businesses in order to explain performance metrics and strategic objectives in a clear, concise manner;
- Support financial reporting function of certain operating assets and coordinate with service providers to prepare timely and accurate financial reporting submissions;
- Frequent communication with operating asset finance teams and with public and private fund finance teams to support supplemental reporting;
- Support Brookfield’s annual business planning process, including review of operating company models/long-term assumptions and preparation of management presentations;
- Support onboarding and integration of new acquisitions into Brookfield finance and accounting processes;
- Strategic ad-hoc analysis and special projects as required.
- Recently qualified CPA, CA, ideally with Big 4 experience and a proven track record of high performance;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and is a team player, willing to always support the team;
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including comfort interacting with senior executives;
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail;
- Exceptional quality standards and an ongoing desire to push for new approaches, insights and presentation methods;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities;
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to review and update financial models;
- Strong PowerPoint skills, including the ability to translate financial results into key messages.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield’s Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website: