Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We are looking for a bilingual, highly motivated and experienced professional accountant to join the Investment Fund Financial Reporting Team within Manulifes Global Wealth & Asset Management.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Financial Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and reviewing quality financial statements for the companys investment funds. The incumbent will require knowledge of accounting for investments and regulatory requirements NI 81-106 and IFRS related to financial reporting for Mutual funds.
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the design of controls to improve the risk management framework, enhance documentation, and assess an efficient production processes related to the investment funds reporting team
- Prepare and analyze annual and interim financial statements for investment funds including supporting documents within deadlines
- Knowledge of control frameworks, risk management practices and regulatory requirements
- Develop, document and review internal control policies and procedures
- Work with team members and NAV agents to complete the review and proofread the financial statements
- Provide recommendations based on accounting standards and regulations
- Stay informed with the latest accounting requirements for investment funds
- Contribute in team projects and committees
- Align with Manulife values which are to be obsessed about our customers, think big, get it done together, own it, do the right thing and share your humanity.
- 5+ years experience in accounting
- CPA accounting designation
- Knowledgeable of the Investment industry and financial products
- Capacity to write reports on technical issues and present to management
- Comfortable with Excel formulas such as: (index, sumif, pivot, lookups, conditional formulas, etc.)
- Experience with fund accounting and reporting systems a plus (e.g. MPower, Fund Suite ARC)
- Inquisitive and analytical skills to understand finance and operational processes and controls
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, functional in French
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations, while considering the viewpoint of others
- Facility to work independently or in a team and support colleagues
- At ease in coordinating with teams in Toronto, Waterloo, Montreal and Manila locations.
- Work in an efficient manner and respect timelines
If you are ready to unleash your potential its time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of June 30, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.