At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Rogers Communications is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to perform the accounting for revenue and cost of sales, and be a subject matter expert on projects relating to Communications Wireless Equipment revenue and Inventory.
- Support the Manager by taking a leadership role in the management and resolution of initiatives and identified issues, including gathering the required detailed information, performing in-depth analysis and recommending the appropriate approach / actions to resolve the issues.
- Work with the Manager and assist in the day to day management of revenue related projects, act as SME on cross functional projects, develop project plans, monitor project status, resolve issues, ensure the appropriate accounting entries, IFRS requirements, reporting, and internal controls are developed.
- Timely, accurate analysis and preparation of journal entries to record revenue and cost of sales in accordance with IFRS.
- Support month-end reporting packages
- Complete complex account reconciliations by developing an in-depth understanding of the related accounting and billing system with the ability to effectively document and explain the accounting transactions.
- Conduct detailed and in-depth analysis as required including balance sheet variance analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all customer groups to ensure all material transactions are recorded.
- Provide evidence of compliance with all SOX documentation and controls, and update SOX documentation and controls as needed.
- Perform all requested audit tasks required for quarter and year-end external audits to enable timely and efficient audit sign-off.
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with, and to provide guidance and training to a variety of different levels of employees, from peers to directors.
- Strong technical accounting skills with an accounting designation (CPA) or equivalent accounting experience with 3 to 4 years of experience in a fast-paced challenging accounting and special projects environment.
- Experience with IFRS 15 revenue recognition and Inventory accounting an asset.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills due to tight project and monthly time constraints.
- Excellent software skills in Oracle Financials, Discoverer, Microsoft office including Excel and Access. Experience with SAS and SQL Developer is an asset.
- A complete understanding of the customer billing process and revenue recognition.
- High attention to detail.
As part of the recruitment process successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks.
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location:1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 217475
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .