At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will be directly responsible in supporting and guiding business decisions through forecasting, planning, and analysis for wireless equipment team
- Conduct and manage forecast model for monthly/long-term forecast process and continually improve forecasting/budgeting frameworks for the Wireless Equipment group.
- Prepare the weekly and monthly tracking and analysis for wireless equipment portfolio and manage relationships with other key business stakeholders.
- Perform monthly performance analysis and the comparison to budget and forecast; prepare variance analysis commentary for senior leadership on a regular and timely basis to communicate key trends and observations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations and ensure compliance with Accounting Standards and business practices.
- Manage allocations between business lines and ensure these allocations are completed on time for forecast and month end closing.
- Actively participate in annual budget and forecast preparation; assist in the presentation of the financial elements of the strategic plan.
- Work with the business line managers to proactively determine risks/opportunities and implement strategies.
- Participate actively in business decision-making by offering quantitative and qualitative feedback, recommendations, and discussing “what-if” scenarios; prepare and present new project initiatives to senior management.
- In conjunction with the Manager, design and implement processes to support new initiatives resulting in value added change.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews of major projects with project owners.
- Supporting and guiding business decision making process by presenting findings, projections, and recommended actions.
- Lead special projects / ad-hoc assignments as required.
- University degree in business with a concentration in finance, accounting or economics
- An MBA and/or an accounting designation (CPA) completed or in progress preferred
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in telecommunications, and/or within finance or marketing department
- Solid understanding of finance fundamentals, activity-based costing, as well as other analysis techniques
- Expert level working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and competing priorities under short timelines
- Comfort and confidence in dealing with senior leadership
- Takes initiative, and acts as a catalyst for program and project execution
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching, mentoring, and motivating others
- Outstanding research, critical thinking, and analytical abilities.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, and determined to learn and sharpen skills on an ongoing basis
As part of the recruitment process successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location:333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 212735
Together, we’ll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .