Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet’s Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and in-store experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
“Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“75 per cent of Mejuri’s customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.” – British Vogue
Mejuri is on the hunt for a dedicated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Manager of FP&A, this individual will be instrumental in helping build, design and structure the FP&A function. You are someone who enjoys a hands-on approach and can bring learnings from prior FP&A roles to help the company grow and scale. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to deliver high-value work within a small and agile finance team while seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget, quarterly, and monthly forecasts and monitor results versus budget and forecast for Mejuri’s departments and stores as well as the consolidated business
- Assist in the preparation of reporting packages for business leaders, including variance analysis, to provide insights on their financial results, headcount and identifying risks and opportunities for management of their financials
- Promote continuous improvement and proactively identify opportunities to enhance existing budgeting and forecasting processes and procedures
- Assist in weekly revenue and KPI reporting to the Company, monthly and quarterly reporting to external investors, as well as ad hoc projects as required
- Assist in the development of models to support ongoing management reporting requirements
- Provide analytical support to business partners that will drive key decision making through vigorous analytics by presenting past and projected financial implications
- Provide coaching to junior members on the Finance team and support other business partners as a subject matter expert on finance related issues
- Develop a deep understanding of Retail major performance drivers and assist business decision makers in the development of action plans to meet financial goals and mitigate risks
- Develop insightful, value-added analysis and are not afraid of challenging assumptions that will help drive financial results through fact based decision making
- Develop an understanding of Mejuri’s business processes, systems, and financial statements and assist business partners to improve processes and efficiency if possible
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a specialization in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ of related FP&A or financial reporting experience; Retail or CPG industry experience preferred; relevant professional designation (CPA, CFA, or CBV)
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Excel, including complex formulas and modeling techniques
- Technically savvy individual, with demonstrated ability to learn new systems and leverage system capabilities
- A proactive self-starter capable of taking initiative and keeping commitments
- A team player with strong written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across functions and all levels of the organization including non-finance personnel and executive level
- Comfortable with shifting priorities, managing ambiguity and new challenges
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Exceptional work ethics, team mentality, positive attitude, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, result-focused, highly-organized and resourceful
Working at Mejuri = Solid Gold
Mejuri aspires to not only inspire and empower our customers, but to build an inspiring, empowering and thoroughly modern workplace.
Beautiful, light filled plant and dog-friendly office
Competitive health, mental health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Wellness – Private wellness/prayer/pumping room, and a lifestyle spending account for health and fitness needs
Parental leave top up program (80% for 4 months)
*Stay shining with a generous employee discount
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.