Help business leaders make strategic decisions
Join our team
We are a highly collaborative team who always strives to make a positive impact on the organization. This position is an integral part of the TELUS Enterprise (TES) Financial Planning and Analysis team, in which you’ll constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve processes and our bottom line growth. We value and welcome innovative ideas and invite you to leverage your creativity.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for delivering valuable insight to the TES senior management team with the goal of optimizing the profitability of our largest TES customers. In this role you will find a balanced mixture of forecasting, reporting, analysis, and ad-hoc work in support of our large and complex deal (LCD) portfolio. This will include working with the broader Finance team to complete month end activity, Sales & Operations teams to forecast project deliveries as well as scenario planning for renewals or incremental sales and you will be responsible to maintain customer specific P&Ls. We are looking for someone who will regularly exercise judgement in the assessment of data and be self-directed in the delivery of high quality analysis and outputs with limited oversight.
- Provide strategic insight and guidance to the TELUS’ Enterprise leadership team, focused on monthly, quarterly and annual results and forecast to optimize the LCD portfolio
- Improve forecasting through a driver based forecasting model to enhance our monthly and annual financial planning cycles
- Complete month end activities to report on results including month-end reporting aimed at determining the root cause of KPI variances & actions required
- Proactively support profitability growth through review and analysis of business cases pertaining to pricing decisions, new business acquisition or revenue retention
- Develop and drive innovative data models and trend analysis techniques to identify potential business opportunities and challenges
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Known for your ability to effectively communicate complex financial analysis or results to senior leadership
- Recognized for your ability to synthesize multiple drivers that impact decision making in order to provide holistic strategic and tactical recommendations
- Valued for your ability to develop and maintain partnerships with business unit stakeholders throughout the organization in an influential and advisory role
- You have a knack for being proactive and organized with the ability to manage multiple deliverables within a dynamic environment with a strong attention to detail
- Recognized as a strong collaborative team player (strategic and creative thinker who always comes up with innovative ideas and solutions)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- At least 5 years of experience in a consulting or financial analysis role
- Experience in Management consulting
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Google sheets
- Bilingual (French/ English) – Fluent in French is a strong asset
- Telecommunications/technology industry experience
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.