Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
About Finance Operations:
The Finance Operations (FinOps) centre, located in Greater Moncton, New Brunswick, is an integral part of the Finance organization, delivering efficient finance services with a commitment to operational excellence. We are building and developing a diverse team of enthusiastic and dedicated professionals who want to make a difference with TD. Our goal is to attract a broad talent pool of experienced finance operations personnel and post-secondary graduates, which reflect the diversity of TD and its customers. The centre resides in TD’s new Corporate Office located at Cadillac Fairview’s CF Champlain shopping centre in Dieppe.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of TD’s Finance organization. Reporting to the Manager, the position is responsible to perform accounting functions supporting Wholesale & Commercial banking, and for providing day-to-day guidance on accounting and operational activities.
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government, and institutional clients in Canada, and key financial centers such as New York and London. The TD Securities accounting team is responsible for preparing datasets, accounting entries and reports for financial reporting. In addition to performing accounting for Corp. lending in Wholesale and Commercial Banking , the responsibilities will also include a special project to design Corp. lending accounting processes for all areas of the bank. This effort will encompass general Corp. lending methodologies, analysis, calculations, accounting entries and reporting in connection and close co-ordination with front-line businesses, credit risk, finance and accounting functions.
- Perform accounting and analysis functions for Corp. lending and reporting
- Special projects as mentioned above
- Understand the risk profile of the work and maintain a strong controls environment and audit ready position; execute existing controls and implement new controls as needed
- Effectively communicate with senior finance partners to confirm data and assumptions, and proactively provide insight to issues and trends
- Deliver quality service; achieve team performance goals such as SLAs, KPIs and productivity
- Achieve targets through periods of change and transformation
- Coach to ensure operational problems are handled appropriately, and participate in the negotiation and resolution of complex and/or escalated issues where necessary
- Strive for operational excellence through ongoing identification of process improvements to increase productivity, simplify and enable automation where appropriate
- Keep abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
- Maintain own knowledge of end-to-end processes, internal / external partners and regulatory requirements; guide the team accordingly
- Foster a climate of open and transparent communication within team, FinOps and key stakeholders
- Skills and talent required to succeed in a challenging and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to analyze processes and recommend best practices for process optimization
- Is able to find opportunities to optimize the allocation of resources across the units, taking into account workload / utilization across the team
- Be an effective partner and colleague; and offer development and cross-training opportunities to team members
- Engage and work with partners across FinOps, BP and Specialized Functions
- Comfortable leading through change, process improvements and transformation
- Undergraduate business or accounting degree
- Professional Accreditation such as CPA or post graduate degree would be an asset
- Strong finance acumen – understanding the business and related processes
- Leadership in a finance or operations-like environment
- Highly analytical with a solid knowledge of Global Equity Markets and products
- Great aptitude for numbers with solid quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of the financial and accounting standards applicable to financial institutions
- Excellent analytical skills in assessing risk, issues and challenging the status quo; adept at using productivity tools and end-user software (such as MS Office suite)
- Skilled at partnering and motivating a diverse group of professionals
- Brings out the best in people through use of positive influence
- Good communicator who engages colleagues, business partners, external stakeholders, and employees
- Encourages collaboration by bringing together multiple partners to align on solutions and address contending priorities
- Ability to stay resilient under pressure
- Works effectively in teams and with multiple partners
- Robust organizational skills with the ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple deadlines and priorities
- Has sound judgement and decision-making abilities
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.